Chapter 5 (Ask Scarlett)

Jack thought about who he was going to ask over the weekend. "There's Ariel who's pretty popular but she's going with Eric..." After a long deliberation, he chose to ask Scarlett, part of the group who was known as the 'fairies and pixies.' He would ask Tinkerbell, who was a lot more popular, but he didn't want to get into a fight with Terrance who was planning to ask her. He wandered around his house wondering how to impress her. After an hour, he was still blank. "I'll just ask her with a bouquet of roses." Jack thought. "That'll be good enough, right?" 

"Seriously? What about your little Elsa? Aren't you going with her?" Scarlett was looking at Jack suspiciously. "I want you to be my prom date. So will you go with me?” “Ugh. Fine. Pick me up at 6.” “Okay.” Jack walked away, hoping to feel some sort of accomplishment, but all he felt was regret. What about Elsa? Jack rounded the corner and saw Elsa at her locker. He was about to say hi, when a boy with spiky blonde hair walked up to her. He quickly hid and listened to their conversation. “Uh... Hey Elsa!” “Hi Martin. Do you need something?” Elsa asked. “Um... I was wondering if you would go to prom with me?” Jack saw several emotions flicker across Elsa’s face. She hesitated before answering him. “Sure, I would love to go! What time?” “How about 5?” Elsa nodded and Martin scurried away, obviously happy. Jack’s heart sank. He ran away before Elsa could find him.

Elsa turned around, surprised someone had asked her to prom. Something squeaked and Elsa ran around the corner to see what it was. A flash of blue dashed around the end of the hall. “Jack...?” Elsa wondered out loud. What was he doing? Elsa shrugged and went back to her locker.