Chapter 6 (Ask Elsa)

The next morning, Jack joined Elsa in the library. "Hey Elsa." Elsa looked up then dropped her book, surprised. "What are you doing here Frost?" "Well just because I don't need tutoring doesn't mean I can't hang out with you." Elsa looked around. "Somebody set you up I know it. Either they paid you or there's a hidden camera..." Elsa leaned back, peering down the nearest row of bookshelves. Jack chuckled. "Is it really that hard to believe that I actually enjoy your company?" Elsa stared at him. "Wait what? You actually want to be here?" Jack nodded. "You don't mind, do you?" Elsa regained her composure and waved her hand. "Sure sure, do whatever you'd like." She opened her book and went back to reading.

Over the next two weeks, Elsa realizes they build another routine. Jack would come in the morning to work on homework with her, (it was more Elsa working and Jack trying to distract her and make her smile, but Elsa learned to enjoy his presence) at lunch to bring her something to eat, and sometimes after school to distract her some more. Elsa slowly begins to open up to Jack, even though she doesn't realize it. Jack notices she smiles more, and laughs a lot more too. "You know," he says at lunch one day. "You should smile more. It looks good on you." Elsa simply blushes and goes back to reading. Then, one day, Jack doesn't show up and Elsa finds herself... Feeling lonely. She keeps waiting for him, but he never comes. When the bell rings, she picks up her bag and goes home.

Over those few weeks, Jack stayed up late at night planning his master plan. "It's got to be unique. Flamboyant. And it's got to end off with a bang!" He scribbled notes on papers and slowly formed his plan. When Monday morning rolled around, the day he was going to ask Elsa, he pulled a cart and backpack full of things to the school at 7am in the morning.