Chapter 5 (Ask Elsa)

A/N: This is the start of the other path, the one where Jack asks Elsa. I didn't actually write about them going to prom, only about Jack asking her, so I'm sorry if you were expecting that.

Three weeks. Jack had three weeks to ask Elsa. "Maybe I should ask someone else..." Jack thought, fearing the feeling of rejection. He thought about her going to prom with someone else, like maybe Hans Westerguard, or 'Pitch Black.' The very thought of her being with someone else made him upset. Jack decided he would start planning right after his algebra test on Thursday.

"Remember, write out all your formulas..." Elsa was saying, pointing at several things on the paper. Jack interrupted her. "I notice you're always reading, and it's always the same book. May I ask what book it is?" "It's a book of fairy tales if you must know." Elsa said. Jack snatched it from the table. Opening it, he smirked, seeing what page it was on. "What a coincidence that you're reading about Jack Frost when there is an incredibly good looking man who has the same name and is sitting right next to you." Elsa blushed furiously. "You're like all the pretty boys. You think you're so charming and good looking." "Am I pretty Elsa?" Jack teased, batting his eyelashes. Teasing Elsa had become one of his favourite things to do. He thought it was cute when she blushed. "Gorgeous." Elsa replied, sarcastically. Glancing at the time, she said, "It's time to go. Remember what I said about the algebra test." Jack nodded before grabbing his messenger bag and sprinting out of the library

Jack tore through the library and tackled Elsa, giving her a big hug from behind. "Frost!" She hissed. "We're in the library, what are you doing?" Jack let go of her and waved his paper in her face. He had done surprisingly well on his test, surprising himself, Mr. North, and now Elsa. "Stop waving the paper around! I'm trying to see!" Elsa said, snatching the paper from him. "I passed my algebra test Elsa! I got an A!" Jack said enthusiastically. Elsa nodded, handing the paper back to him. "Thank you so much Elsa. I... I don't know how to thank you." Jack said, genuinely grateful. "Just do me one thing, don't ever surprise me like that again, okay?" "Okay, but I still owe you one!" He called, walking out of the library. "Hey, were with that weird chick, what's her name... Eliza or something?" One of his teammates asked as him seeing him come out of the library. "Her name is Elsa, and yeah, I was." Jack said. "You know we're not supposed to hang out with them right?" He said. Jack shrugged. "She's pretty cool when you get to know her." His teammate snorted. "Next you're going be telling algebra is fun." "It's actually kind of fun when you get the hang of it." Jack said. "Whatever man. You've been acting weird lately. Let's just get out of here." His teammate dragged Jack away and into the cafeteria.