Desiring Visions and Dreams

Start from the beginning

Strongholds in our lives are the places where the devil tries to hide from God. For example; My emotions got the better of me because I allowed my anger to control
my outlook on life for a long time, which nearly destroyed my marriage along with other strongholds I had created around my life. All of these situations started with a thought, which just led myself to wanting to give up in the end. My vision in life, sad to say this was defeat, as I had no desire to do anything or to be anyone. Strongholds like these make us feel like we aren't as important as other individuals within our lives, that is also another way of how we allow manipulating people in our lives. All of these strongholds slowly came down one by one, as I came back to God, allowing Him to speak positivity into my heart. We are not normal or unimportant, we are children of God, which makes us important and somebody in this world. So does God give us visions to follow in our journey of life on this earth? The answer is always going to be yes – we have to learn how to allow God to help us, by changing the way of how we see ourselves, as we break strongholds of defeat off our circumstances.

II Corinthians 10:4-6 NKJV
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

We can cast thoughts down, by not letting them control us, as we all know that a thought is just an emotion. Our emotions are just a by-product of our thoughts. So as we cast negative thoughts down coming in line with the Holy Spirit and the word of God, we begin to control our emotional outcome. Once I visualized my situation that way, everything changed because I began to control all the outcome of my feelings, my emotions within Jesus Christ. I learnt to take the focus off myself, isn't that what an emotion is, making it all about ourselves and our wrong doings. To put all my focus on what God has in store for my life was far more exciting, it was a risk taken with positive outcomes. Our Imagination can either be a curse in this lifetime, as it had been for many years within mine, or it could be a blessing for ourselves. Once again we are brought straight back to making a choice. I had the choice to make, was I going to speak death and defeat over myself or life. Are we going to speak life over ourselves, over our situations and circumstances? God always makes the answers very easy for us to understand, some problems are more severe than others, yes, I do believe God still provides the answers in time. Are we willing to learn, then listen and then act on what God has provided. I had brought my negative emotions towards life into captivity with the knowledge and power of God. I truly felt like I had been set free, like a massive heavy chain had been removed off my body as it hit the floor. My visions became alive again, as I now saw myself accomplishing the impossible all over again. I was in control of my thoughts only because I was allowing God to be in control of my heart.

My thoughts no longer controlled me, because my heart was full with the love of God. In my mind I was like a man on a mission. “This is my mission if I choose to accept it!” Great movie quote by the way. Every time I felt a negative thought tried to enter my thought pattern, as it always will do no matter what we are doing. I was casting those down in the name of Jesus Christ. In my head I was shouting at the negativity, shouting at the devil as I proclaimed that he has no control over me.
I was exalting Jesus Christ over every negative thought, over every negative situation, over every negative individual around me – anything negative that tried to control my life, I was proclaiming the name of Jesus Christ over it. What God was showing me was that I needed to protect myself over all that comes against me. I was learning to armor myself with the word of God. We all need to learn to wear the armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-17 NKJV
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; We need to understand that we don't just face physical battles in this world, we face spiritual wars as well. When I read this Scripture so many thoughts and visions ran through my mind, of how we are in a spiritual war with God's words as our armor, and His weapons in this war to protect us. God tells us that when we put on the armor of God, the enemy cannot defeat us. God also tells us to keep this armor on, never doubting its strength during this battle. This is why it was so important for myself to learn to renew my mind to the ways of God – to the incredible and powerful word of God. The more I was renewing my mind to the ways of God, the more it helped myself to keep the armor of God on, learning not to take it off with doubt. Mind renewal is a big step we need to take in my journey with Christ.