Our Imagination

So what is our imagination to look like?

Let's look at that word Imagination, as the word imagination means, the ability to see the unseen. An even better description of the word imagination in the dictionary says – the faculty of imagining, or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses. Now reading that makes myself believe that imagination is surely a gift from God – to see what could be and should be there, yet it isn't there. So isn't it right that we need to keep dreaming, and keep seeing what could be in our lives and what should be in our lives. This can only happen when we have an imagination, a imagination in line with the promises of Jesus Christ. Having an imagination in Christ is all about having Faith in God – having faith in Jesus Christ, is to trust in the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 11:1 NKJV
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

God is saying we need to have Faith in Him, because the word Faith is the same as saying to trust in God. So we need to trust in God for those things we hope for – those things you hope for that you cannot see, that's why God has given us an imagination. For example; We can't see visions in front of us, we just know that we have visions.
Visions of what we wish and hope to happen in our life. The same goes for our dreams, you can't see them in front of you but we still know dreams are there. That’s why God knows what is good for His children. He gives us the desires of our hearts when we come in accordance to His will. Another way of saying this is, that God will give us good things once we prove to ourselves that we are trustworthy of such desires. As some desires can lead to evil temptations.

The word Desire means – to have a strong feeling of wanting to have something, or wishing for something to happen.

Now saying all this just proves once again that when we desire something, we put all our hope in that something. Let's recap all of these phrases for the final time.

The word FAITH means – to have complete trust in something or someone.

The word DESIRE means – to have a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen.

The word HOPE means – to have a feeling of expectation for a particular thing to happen.

The word TRUST means - firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something.

All four words we clearly see express the exact same meaning. Let's look at it this way; when we have Faith in God, we learn to Trust in Him. When we have Hope in God, we learn to Desire His will. When we Trust in God, we simply learn to Love God. Having all these sayings, all these phrases makes myself notice that God never stops working in our lives. We are the ones who limit Him doing all this great work. That is why Jesus is knocking on the doors of our hearts so to say. Once we open the door I believe we step out of the darkness, and back into the light and back into the arms of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 3:20-21 NKJV
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

I truly believe in Scripture that Jesus is knocking on the door of our hearts. When we open the door to Jesus, He begins to do a new thing inside my heart – this is when signs and wonders follow us. God brings the right people around us, that keeps our imaginations big and active, so we can be that encouragement to other individuals. As I opened the door of my heart to Jesus Christ, He turned my life around by giving me something to put all my hope in. So instead of hoping for possessions or position in life, I put my hope in God's promises. That’s when God provides the right possessions and position for our lives. I lost my way for such a long time, feeling like I was wandering alone, when deep down I knew that I wasn’t truly alone. Jesus never left me, He was just waiting for myself to turn back to Him. To get out of that dangerous sin trap, then learning to follow His way of living once again.

We are just simply not to follow the ways of the world, I thank Jesus Christ every day not just for taking my place as He died for my sins. I also thank Jesus Christ for having hope in me, especially at those times when I had no hope in myself. Our Father in heaven always believes in us, we just need to keep believing in ourselves when times seem impossible. This will always happen, I believe, when we step into the will of God. As the devil simply hates us following God's will. Now when I use my imagination, having dreams and desires to do things, or if I am going through difficult times, I learn to meditate on the word of God. I desire to seek after God in all situations, for He makes all things possible through the Holy Spirit, which is the hope of Jesus Christ on the inside of this. This finally is all possible to gain, when we simply accept Jesus Christ.

II Corinthians 3:17 NKJV
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is , there is liberty.