Chapter2; A Faith-Filled Imagination

How do we have and live a faith-filled imagination?

Like I had mentioned in previous statements, I had spent such a long-time dwelling in sin and away from God, it was extremely difficult to see things change in certain areas of my life. I began a process of how to stop worrying about how I was going to change, by taking the attention away from myself and then start believing that Jesus Christ will do all these changes through my life. I just needed to believe and have complete faith in Him. I just wanted to seek God within every aspect of my life. It was like being transformed back into a child again, asking my Father in heaven all these questions that I had and wanted to know the answers to. I truly believe God wants us to ask Him questions, especially when we are unsure of the answer, as do all parents want their children to ask them questions, if they don't know how they do something or understand why.

I had so many of these questions that I wanted to ask God – as I asked these enquiries so to say, I saw Him answer them. We understand this phrase better known as, answered prayer. They weren't always the answers I was hoping to receive at times, but God was answering my prayers nevertheless. Now I had to learn to be faithful to Him during this process, which got me thinking about what God is saying about faith? This is a topic that we could be on forever, as the whole Bible is around the topic of Faith, and is all about having Faith. I searched scriptures to get to understand what really does this word Faith mean, what the word Faith stands for, to every individual. At first all I seemed to find was, we really don't understand what that word faith means, or looks like, or what it stands for. We try to assume we know the answers; when we feel we are being faithful to some degree, like a promise we make to ourselves. Is that really faith or just being true to your word? In this world it can be pretty hard to find an answer on Faith. Three scriptures really spoke to me as I searched for descriptions of faith. There are many scriptures that show the faith actions of a person's unselfish behavior, and these three scriptures started to help answer my questions about faith, (Mark 2, Matthew 9, Matthew 8).

Mark 2:3-5 NKJV
Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men.  And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So, when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you."

My first impression on this topic was (Faith is an action that is seen by God). When the four men couldn't get their friend to Jesus, as there were too many people gathered around, we all know how hard it can be to get through a crowd of people, it can be impossible at times and will be so much easier just to give up instead. They decided to go on top of the roof of someone's house and proceeded to break a hole through the roof, in order that they could lower their friend down in a bed they carried him in. They did all this so he could be healed by Jesus.

“Hold on just one minute, they broke a hole in the roof?” That is what really got my attention when I read this Scripture. I slowly tried to picture that event taking part in my mind – why would someone go to such lengths for a friend? These men, when they saw that they couldn't get their friend through the door to see Jesus, because of the crowd that had gathered to see Him. They carried their friend up on the roof of a stranger's house instead, which would have been hard to do – carrying a friend who can't walk onto the roof of a house, not an easy task I bet. Once they got him up there, they would have had to make an extremely large hole, so that they could lower their friend down to see Jesus. Wow these guys truly had faith and showed their faith, because Jesus saw their faith. I can only imagine that these friends must have been slightly afraid, not only of what Jesus would do but also by not dropping their friend. I know I would be panicking if I was one of those friends. This was when I came to the second Scripture about faith being seen.