Part 2

In the three years since Atto Johan's birth, the colony of Nya Sverige has grown vastly. Now, in 1641, the personification of said colony is physically sixteen months old. He can crawl and toddle around and can even babble sentences in Swedish and Finnish.

"Good afternoon Aatto!" Finland smiles at his son, picking up the toddler.

"Ïsa!" Nya Sverige giggles as he's picked up and hugged, snuggling into his Finnish father's warmth.

"Did you have a good nap?" Finland coos at his son, who nods against his chest. The country laughs and kisses the top of Nya Sverige's head.

The small family of Sweden, Finland, and Nya Sverige has lived in domestic bliss since Nya Sverige's birth. Of course, Finland and Sweden are well aware of the threat Netherlands and his colony to the north poses for their son, but they make sure to keep those conversations in the night when Nya Sverige is asleep.

Sweden enters the family's small cabin (that he built by himself after his son's birth). He places down the wood he was chopping as his son makes grabby hands for him.

"Far!" Nya Sverige exclaims happily as Sweden takes him into his arms.

"Hallo Aatto," Sweden murmurs as his and Finland's son clings to his neck.

"Far," the colony mutters again, resting his head on his father's shoulder. Finland smiles at the scene before him.

"Lunch is ready," he announces. Sweden looks to Nya Sverige.

"Uh-oh," he mutters, making the toddler giggle.

"Ïsa cooking icky," Nya Sverige announces, making Finland turn around.

"Is that so?" He asks, mock wounded.

"Yes!" The colony confirms. "But Ïsa tell good story! Far stories are icky!" The toddler makes a face at the though of Sweden's stories. The usually stoic nation lets out a low chuckle. He hands Nya Sverige off to Finland before going to make lunch himself, knowing that Finland didn't actually make any.

"Dane, Norge, 'nd Ice are coming soon," Sweden says, pulling a letter from his coat before he begins cooking.

"Denmark better not try anything," Finland frowns, bouncing Nya Sverige lightly.

"We won't let 'im." Sweden assures his "wife".

-----

A month later, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland are in the colony of Nya Sverige.

"Nice setup," Denmark admires the land appraisingly. Sweden nods, guiding the other Nordics to his and Finland's home. Just before entering, he turns to look at Denmark.

"Don' try anyth'ng," he warns threateningly. The Danish man nods and Sweden turns around, opening the door.

"Ya really settled down, huh?" Denmark observes, taking in the homely feel of the cabin. "Turned Fin into a right housewife, didn't 'cha?"

"I won't hesitate to castrate you in your sleep!" Finland calls, entering the main room from the bedroom with Nya Sverige on his hip.

"Same ol' Fin," Iceland remarks.

"Hello Ice!" Finland waves with his free hand, smiling at the colony. Beside Iceland, Norway sucks in a sharp breath at the sight of Nya Sverige.

"Norge?" Finland asks, noticing the upset look on the usually emotionless nation's face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing just-" he falters. "He looks so much like Baldr*."

"Oh Norge," Finland sympathizes with the Scandinavian nation.

"Could I hold him?" Norway asks. Finland nods, passing Nya Sverige over to the other nation.

"He hasn't been the same since Baldr," Denmark notices, seeing the faraway look on his brother's face. Sweden agrees with a grunt and a nod.

- - -

The other Nordics stay for a couple more months before leaving at the beginning of 1642.

- - -

*Baldr is Vinland. (Refer to Violet Eyes, Violent Lies)