Chapter 3

I sprinted out the door letting my dark black hair flow behind me. I ran past semi-familiar faces and ran right smack into a wild Delilah in her natural habitat. She rubbed her temple then stood up and brushed her shirt off. It was a simple baseball t-shirt with black sleeves. It read, I can't get up now. The blankets have finally accepted me as one of their own, and if I leave I may betray their trust. I burst out laughing when I read it and she glanced down at her shirt knowingly. Delilah's expression changed from a happy one to a grim one. The bell rang twice in a row, and I looked at her. It was time to go to the reaping. 

Delilah's POV

I heard the bell ring, once, then twice and I started to feel sick. If I was picked for the games, I would never get to see my family again. How would they survive without the game that I brought home? Actually scratch that Aria would take care of them. I would miss them a lot though. And besides, the games were a bunch of garabage. I wouldn't kill any innocent mutants. If I had to I would kill President Kelly though. His brain is filled with a load of crap. 

Anyways, I walked to the lines of 15 year old girls with Aria and we stood in front of the stage. Estelle, the women who collects the tribute from our section, walked onto the stage with a completly fake smile. Out of all of the people who have came to our sections, she was by far my favorite. She was the only normal one. Her brunette hair was tucked to the side in a long braid, and she wore a simple daisy sundress that brought out her icy blue eyes. 

"Welcome to the 6th Annual Mutant Games!" She faked a smile as I scowled. "If I may, please direct your attention to the video behind me. It was brought to you by President Kelly himself!" All the video was showing is how the government took all mutants and locked them up on some isolated place on Earth and how the games was a reminder of our faliures. It also showed how the winner of the games got to be safe from the games, and pick one other family to come with them to live in the Inner Country. The video ended and we were forced to clap, but Aria and I didn't. 

"Now the tribute in this years Mutant Games is.." Estelle started as she reached her tiny hand into the glass bowl. "Delilah Roberts."