strangers

"Okay uh, and here's your destination" the guy called to me with a sigh, pulling up the car halting it slowly near a blue house with a small garden in the front, i didn't pay attention and just kept my attention out the window ignoring him zoning out.

it was a hot July night coming back from the drive in. i went with my boyfriend but we got in a nasty argument and i ended up wanting someone else to take me home but no of my friends wants to pick me up. talk about your friends supposed to be there for you? what a fucking joke.

instead of dealing with him being an asshole and being stranded there alone without any phone battery, a stranger who looked about my age sitting in his car alone , was nice enough to offer me a ride.

"hey, you good?" he asked tilting his head looking at me.i simply tapped my finger against the side of his car, it was a habit i had when my anxiety was going,my arm hung out the open window, i turned my gaze away from my house feeling a chill go up my spine but shaking it away.

"Yeah uhm, sorry" shaking my head mumbling, feeling silly that i was acting like this and didn't wanna go in there, i left my house for a reason, hearing my father and older brother arguing 24/7 was stress and was suffocating me so i decided to leave, not like my dad cares where i went. running a hand though my hair and turned to look at him with a forced smile.

"Well,uhm take your time" his tone sounded comforting and patient, it didn't seem fake, it sounded like he meant it, he wasn't in a rush anywhere or to get me out and leave, he simply let me have a moment to myself in the passenger seat of his car before going inside.

i took a deep breathe looking around, it was dark outside and some neighborhood dogs were barking, the smell of cigarette smoke from people sitting on there porches together, cars passing by and some teenagers blasting music with windows down seeing their heads stick out coming from loud parties 2 blocks away.

"fuck i'm sorry, i-i'll go" i croaked out grabbing my phone from the dashboard, feeling bad that i was wasting his time and bothered him. he looked at me with worry flashing his face.

"wait wait you wanna chill in here for a few?" i looked at him worriedly , i didn't know him, and i didn't want to know who this was.he looked innocent, like a baby almost, freckles on his skin and had short brown hair and green eyes, but the darkness outside making them much darker.

"sorry you just look kinda out of place and i just thought you might have wanted to talk...sorry" changing his mind quickly putting his hands up defensively.

i thought about it for a second.i guess it wouldn't hurt to talk? i gave in and adjusted my position in the seat dropping back down,now staring at my hands quietly.

"I'm...timotheé by the way.." he introduced himself with a small smile on his lips. i smiled looking at him being polite, seeing the streetlight next to us hit his face through the car window that was open.

i got more of a look at him, he was definitely cute, had a lanky body frame, nice jawline i've ever seen-long arms and really nice lips. "take a picture it'll last longer" i closed my eyes tightly feeling stupid for staring to long. causing us to both giggle lightly . "sorry" i muttered into my hand.

"It's no problem" he turned the car off now since it was still running. everything went quiet. except the movements we made . timotheé looked over at the dash board seeing the time reading 11:59 pm. shit.

"now to be weird or anything but what was that back there, at the uh—drive in?" he asked while scratching the back of his head. i mentally cursed at myself grabbing a cigarette from my shorts pocket digging around for my lighter completely ignoring his question and found one finally lighting it taking a heavy drag inhaling.

"boyfriend, being an ass i guess, but it's nothing serious" i shrugged off, he nodded with a frown, but opened his mouth to say something then quickly closing it. "i'm just, glad to bring you home yano, i would feel bad for you standing there alone knowing some creep would have bothered you there " he said after a couple minutes of silence went by around us.

i chuckled shaking my head tapping the cigarette on the side of the window letting the burning ash fall. "Yeah well i could have walked home, i would have been fine i guess, but thanks for driving me anyways " i blurted out looking at the road in front of me ignoring his gaze.

a smirk appeared on his lips looking away, timotheé got silent and decided to leave her alone in silence, he felt as if he pushed further or asked anymore questions he would have made her uncomfortable wanting to refrain from doing so.

"sorry, my bad " i apologized after awhile feeling like i was a bit harsh, a long day and i just wanted to now be in my bed and be alone waiting for morning to come.

"well, i should go, yeah" he nodded and i quickly tossed my cigarette in the ash tray burning it out collecting my stuff "thanks..again tim" turning around with my back towards him a smile creeped on my lips at the nickname.

timotheé looked over and waved watching me quietly walk to my front door without looking back. no porch lights on , but one light on upstairs in the view of the window from outside.

he sat there until she went inside making sure she got in safe and could smell the last of her perfume lingering on the passenger seat to his nose where she sat, the sweet smell of vanilla mixed with her cigarettes that was dangling from her perfectly shaped lips he would occasionally glance at.

smiling to himself like an idiot, he was weirdly intrigued by her presence and her company and just knows he needs to get to know her somehow and see her around again.

putting the keys in ignition and starting it up, he puts the radio on low and drives away past her house.

i finally snuck in my house hearing the tv still on with my dad passed out, a brown bottle carefully in his hand on the lazy-boy chair, rolling my eyes i crept upstairs not making a sound quickly heading to my room passing my brothers who's was across from mine.

In my room now i closed the door looking around, the lamp was on , my bed had clothes sprawled out from earlier finding something to wear to the drive in. sighing i plugged my phone in finally hearing it buzz that it's charging and slipped out of my clothes into something comfier , while tying my hair up.

i felt exhausted and thought about the timothèe guy who brought me home. i guess i wouldn't mind running into him again? he seemed nice.but before i could think anymore tiredness took over my body knocking me out.

hey y'all, sorry for being gone, for like a month or two writers block and feeling unmotivated🥺, sorry this is long i was thinking of hot summer nights and wrote this different imagine but , so i decided to write to keep my mind going . click the star and vote if you'd like or feed back ❣️but i might delete this since it's bad..