Chapter 12: Promises (Sid's POV)

Start from the beginning

Dharam wasn't particularly thrilled about their escapades because he was primarily sent there to watch over Siddharth's security detail. Anisha had no clue that Dharam was not just his chauffeur but also his personal bodyguard. Being in the exports business, his family had made plenty of enemies over time. Moreover, after the assassination attempt on his dad a few years ago during his trip to India, had put everyone on edge.

Sid parked the car at his usual spot and texted her that he was there. Within minutes she was walking towards his car. Anu was wearing an ethnic dress that fit every curve of her body perfectly. Their eyes momentarily meeting through the windshield, making her swoon. As much as he wanted to get out of the car and kiss her, he was given strict instructions about staying hidden.

Something about nosy neighbors.

Anu got into the passenger seat looking divine and smelling amazing like a jasmine.

"Hello Love, you're looking beautiful as ever," Sid leaned in for a kiss.

"Thank you. Did you have to wait long?" She kissed him back and took out earrings from her bag as Sid started to drive.

They were headed to a restaurant to meet with his baby sister Shanaya and her mysterious boyfriend. She was in town to spend part of her Winter break with Siddharth or that was what he thought. She landed last week but barely spent two hours with him.

Sid got more anxious when he called Shreya to find out about that new friend and she had no clue, whatsoever. Not telling him seemed okay but not informing her older sister about her new boyfriend seemed very fishy to Siddharth.

Anisha suggested that he should invite the boyfriend over for dinner but Sid went one step further and planned a double date which would give Anisha and  Shanaya an opportunity to bond as well.

"I got her a gift," she interrupted his thoughts.

"Gift, for what?"

"I am meeting her for the first time, the least I could do was buy her something. I hope she likes it though."

"She will love it," he reassured her with a smile.

"How did she agree to this? I honestly felt with all the secrecy she would avoid this double date," Anisha snorted.

"I don't know either but she seemed excited when I brought it up. Well, we're just going to have to see how it goes."

Anisha peered at him lovingly and held his free hand. When they reached Tap House, they went straight to the host as they had a reservation.

"Welcome sir, your guests have already arrived. We have taken them to the table," the host announced while leading the two to the table.

Sid caught how Shanaya giggled at the suited man whispering into her ears as they approached.

"Anisha, meet..." he didn't need to finish the sentence because Anisha completed it for him.

"Shanaya, so happy to meet you. Sid tells me so much about you. It's like I already know you," Anisha babbled.

"Oh Gosh, I can imagine. By the way, this is my boyfriend-Neil," Shanaya declared. Neil stepped forward to take Siddharth's hand.

"Good morning sir, this is so huge... meeting you." Sir?

"Hi...Neil," Sid tried to be polite wondering why he was being so uptight.

Siddharth stepped back as Anisha and Neil shared pleasantries. The server came by and took their individual orders after which they got time to talk about more important things like- Neil.