Chapter 43

The big day is finally here! The morning of our wedding. All our careful preparation and creative planning have come to fruition, and it's time to enjoy the wedding.

Though 12 to 14 months is the ideal length for an engagement, every couple's engagement time is different. Sabi nga ni Warayne, we set our own pace.

Hindi ko man nasulit ang pagtawag ko sa kanya ng fiancé as I am really getting shy whenever I call him that and with the short engagement period, ay sisiguraduhin ko naman na sasanayin ko kaagad ang sarili ko sa kanya bilang asawa ko.

Kahit pilitin ko pa na matulog ulit dahil maaga pa ay hindi na ako makabalik ng tulog dahil feel ko na ang excitement sa araw na ito. I can't wait to see Warayne. Isang araw palang pero parang pinagkaitan na ako ng higit pa roon.

Nang walang magawa, I texted Warayne to see if he is already awake para naman malibang ako kahit papaano habang nakahiga pa rin sa kama. Ayoko naman din na lumabas ngayong umaga.

Me:
Good morning! I'm getting married today!

I smiled when my phone pinged. Gising na rin siya at hindi na siya nag-gym ngayon. I wonder what he is up to this morning.

Warayne:
Wow! What a coincidence. I'm also getting married today.

Nakangiti ako habang nagtitipa ng mensahe para sa kanya. It's never wrong to talk to Warayne anytime of the day. He always make my day.

Me:
Let's elope.

Warayne:
Whoa! Sorry. I told you, I am getting married today. I hate to break your heart sweetheart, but I love my girl and I can't wait to get married and say I do to her at the altar. I can't give her the world but I'll give her the next best thing which is my world.

Nakatulala lang ako sa mensahe ni Warayne sa akin hanggang sa kinatok din ako sa aking kuwarto at pinutol ang pagmumuni-muni ko mag-isa.

Pumasok doon si Ate Serene na mukhang bagong gising lang at napaka-sexy ng suot. She really is not a morning person but she is chirpy today. I am thankful for that or she'll breathe fire and frown at me all morning.

"Morning, baby girl! Ready for your transformation?" She smiled and I returned it too with the same enthusiasm.

I wore my blush pink robe that has a rose gold calligraphy writing on the back that says 'Bride' after taking a shower and sat on the bride's director chair para maayusan na ako ng makeup artist galing sa Flâner.

Hours later, my makeup is done and so is my hair. Photo-video started to capture me and then the rest of the girls included in the entourage wearing only our robes. Sa akin lang ang pink and all of them wear a white robe.

Lastly, after I wore my gown with a lot of pictures and videos, we took a family picture. I will make sure to print a copy of this and hang the frame in the condo, mansion, and sa magiging tirahan namin ni Warayne, wherever that is.

Habang naghihintay ng oras, Laurence, our ring bearer, went inside the room with his Mom holding a rolled paper and a pink box. He came to me carefully holding those things and kissed my cheek.

"For you, Aunt Peace." He said sabay abot ng kanyang mga dala sa akin saka ako nagpasalamat.

Inuna kong buksan ang naka-roll na papel and smiled even though I don't know why he gave me a map. A map of the world with a pink highlighter. Wala naman din kasing letter that says this is for this and that.

I opened the big box and smiled widely when I saw a handy travel camera. Now I got an idea what the map is for.

There is also another small box in it kaya binaba ko na muna ang magandang camera at sinunod na kuhanin ang maliit na box na naroon.