Chapter 12

Pinagpilian namin ni Ate Serene ang dalawang dress sa halos bente na inilabas ko mula sa aking dresser. The black plus white windowpane plaid mini dress with gathered shoulders and side buttons and the white dress that has a bell long sleeves with mock neck line, lave contrast, and tiny ladder cutouts on the bodice.

"That black dress is more like a work outfit for me. And that one..." Turo niya sa puting dress. "Suits you the best. Very you." She smiled.

I agree with Ate that the white one is better. The length is decent as it is not too short and not too long to make me look like I've been into a convent. It doesn't show any inappropriate part of my body too so it is proper for a 'meeting his parents' day.

Inilagay ko iyon sa ibabaw ng aking kama saka kinuha ang black na dress para maipasok na ulit sa aking dressing room and looked at all the heels that I have to see what would match the white dress that I will wear.

"Ace, focus!" Si Ate na nasa hamba ng pintuan.

Ibinalik ko kaagad ang hawak ko na pink na heels ng hindi inaalis ang aking tingin sa kanya na para akong bata na nahuling nagnanakaw ng candy saka ko malungkot na tinignan ang aking heels. It's cute at bagay naman sa white so what's the problem?

"Ugh.. Fine. But not that one, choose the lightest pink you have." Sabi niya sa aking likuran sabay alis.

Nangiti naman ako and brought the light pink ankle strap block heel sandals with me back in my room.

I prepared early so I won't be late for the dinner. I am not the important person at the dinner and I don't want to hassle them just because I am late. Pagtuyo ng aking buhok ay itinali ko nalang iyon into a low ponytail, leaving my see-through bangs alone.

Ate told me that I don't need to wear makeup anymore. Besides that, I don't really wear heavy makeup, his parents might think that I am trying too hard to impress them so I just put on some powder, blush on, and my lip tint so I won't look sick.

Inikot ni Ate Serene ang kanyang daliri sa ere nang makita ako sa living room and I twirled myself slowly.

"Deep breath. You look really nervous, Ace." She said and stood up from the sofa.

Hinawakan niya ang aking balikat at saka ako matamis na nginitian.

"You got this baby girl. Isipin mo magdi-defense ka lang ng thesis mo, but don't eat them alive. Alam ko you always ace your work and all, give them a bull's eye." Kindat niya.

She reminded me of the flowers that I should pick up before going straight to Saavedra's residence. Dalawang bouquet iyon because she told me about Warayne's sister. She hasn't met his parents but she told me some things about his sister.

"Forget about the sister after you gave her the bouquet. Focus on his parents. I know Warayne will back you up." Dagdag niya pa na bahagyang natatawa.

She raised her index finger at me signaling for me to wait when her phone rings. She answered it with a sweet smile on her face.

"I'm just prepping up my sister. She'll go to your friend's house....... No. I don't want to go out. Bring me dinner?.... Okay, love you."

Lumapit sa akin si Ate at kinuha ang aking kamay saka ako hinila palabas.

"Hahatid ka na namin."

Bigla kong binawi ang aking kamay sa kanya. "Ate naman." I frowned na ikinatawa niya.

"Just kidding. Now, go. You don't want to be late."

She kissed me on the cheek and I left Westwinds using my Audi. Hindi na ako nagpasundo pa kay Warayne kahit ilang beses niya ng i-offer na sunduin na lamang ako dahil ayoko na siyang abalahin pa lalo na at hindi naman malapit ang tirahan namin sa isa't-isa. It's his Mom's birthday at baka may activity sila for his Mom or may nire-ready na something.