【Short Story】《SFM》#1

Start from the beginning

Jay, still pressing buttons, glanced over at him. "Oh, hey. I started decorating the house."

Elias took a sip of tea. "How many mistletoe are there?"

"Didn't bother counting."

The expressionless man took a seat beside his boyfriend and under another green sprig dangling from the ceiling.

Eyes still on the screen as he sliced zombies, Jay leaned over. Elias pecked him on the lips.

"When are we ever going to meet over the toilet?"

"You never know."

Elias sipped his tea. "Okay."

"No, you don't understand! I need a picture with Santa!"

Prompt source: smackingtalk @ tumblr

"Jay!" Elias called down the busy sidewalk. "What are you doing? We're going to be late for the movie."

Jay rushed over and began speaking fast, "We're just going to miss the previews."

Elias glanced at his watch before realizing Jay had his phone in his hand and could very well see the time himself. "The previews have already started. We'll miss the actually movie if you don't come on. What are you doing?"

"But―"

"Jay!"

"No, you don't understand, I need a picture with Santa."

"Santa?... You mean that mentally ill man on the corner back there?"

"Yes."

"He's wearing Christmas lingerie."

"That's exactly why I need a picture with him."

"Okay, take your picture. I'm going on ahead."

Elias continued towards the theatre as Jay jogged in the opposite direction.

After purchasing the tickets, Elias decided to wait for Jay. They were late anyway, might as well get some popcorn.

A couple of minutes later, Jay flung open the theatre doors and hurried up to Elias.

"Let's go. You got the picture, right?"

"Yeah!" Jay held out his phone to show Elias the photo. "He grabbed my ass!" Jay grinned.

Elias nearly tripped. "That's not okay! Why are you smiling?!"

Jay rolled his eyes. "YOLO."

"YONO. No, that's not okay."

"Don't worry," Jay said dismissively. "You can grab my ass all you want when we get home."

That wasn't Elias's point and he sighed. Though....

Okay, he'd take Jay up on that offer.

3: "You look like this gingerbread man."

Prompt source: smackingtalk @ tumblr

Declan was pretty proud of his decorated gingerbread Black Panther. He lifted the icing tube from the cookie and looked over to see how his uncle, Jay, was doing.

"Done," Jay muttered. He'd already finished five.

They were pretty boring at first glance, but Declan picked one up to take a closer look.

"That one looks like Elias," Declan noticed, pointing to the gingerbread man looking deadpan.

Jay picked up the cookie then slowly slid his tongue across the icing face.

"Jay!" Ashley snapped, stomping up to the kitchen island. "Stop corrupting my son! For god's sake."

"Mom!" Declan gasped dramatically. "Did you just swear?"

Ashley huffed with a look of chagrin. Jay and his nephew turned to each other grinning and slapped palms together in a high five.

"He's going to start thinking your behaviour is normal," Ashley said to Jay.

Declan shrugged. "Normal is boring."

Jay nodded and they exchanged another high five. "That's why you're my favourite kid." He snapped off Gingerbread Elias's head with his teeth.

"That's why you're my favourite grown up." Declan glanced down at his Black Panther then cradled it in his hands. "I don't want to eat this one, though. Let's frame it."

4: "Christmas isn't just about the presents."

Prompt Source: One of the tumblrs mentioned before (probably).

Arriving home from work, Elias walked into the living room and was surprised to not see Jay. "Jay?" he called, making his way to the bedroom after hanging up his coat. He opened the door to find Jay sitting on the bed.

Naked.

Well, naked except for the Santa hats... on both heads.

"...I'm home?"

"Hey," Jay greeted nonchalantly.

"That's an interesting costume. Where did you get it?"

"GiftSPOT Toys."

"And Santa themed?"

"It's Christmas season. I thought we should celebrate."

Elias blinked.

Jay knew what the man was thinking, so explained, "Christmas isn't all about the presents."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's technically about Jesus," Elias remarked despite being agnostic―he was raised by Lebanese Christians.

"It's also about the sex."

"Pardon?"

"Christmas sex."

There was really no sense in challenging Jay's libido-fueled and blasphemous mentality, so Elias just sighed. "Okay," he relented as he began to pull off his sweater. "But you've got to take that Santa hat off your crotch."