47

"Watch out!" I whispered, pulling Kaldur back.

Light flashed against the wall and Kaldur nodded his thanks. Then he looked through the grating under our feet, shooting at Robin.

"Oh come! Do you guys know how hard it is to play laser tag with sunglasses?!"

"Good move." Wally smiled as he hid beside us. "Have you seen Artemis?"

"Nope." I mumbled, looking at my kill count. "How many kills?"

"Two. You?" He kept his voice low, trying to keep Rob from figuring out where we were.

"Ten." I pressed the button to reload, wincing at the noise.

"Cool. Uh...hey, are you two okay? I mean like you haven't thought about-"

He cut off as I shot him until his gun cried a painful agonizing shriek.

"We had an agreement!"

"And I just broke it." A grin spread over my face.

Soon enough we finished our game. We were all laughing and smiling by the time we made it to a pizza place for lunch.

"I wouldn't have died if Percy wouldn't have broken our alliance!" Wally crossed his arms.

"I felt like you were going to break it. Probably by leading Robin right to us." I smirked.

"I couldn't even find the stairs, what makes you think I could have found you guys?"

"You literally patrol at night."

"So? I don't wear sunglasses when I'm patrolling."

Kaldur laughed and wrapped an arm around me. "Percy has trust issues-"

"Do not!"

"You double check your belongings everytime you return home."

"Two words, the Stolls." I rolled my eyes and leaned against him.

Six of us had taken our seats at a booth while Robin sat on the chair the hostess pulled over.

"What Wally was asking about earlier...are you okay?"

"I'm fine Kaldur. You're the one I would be more worried about. They aren't getting infected are they?"

"They are fine. We both know I can tend to wounds perfectly fine on my own."

I nodded and turned back to the conversation at hand.

"And then this jerk, some stupid freshman starts hitting on me, right after he got done pummeling some rich kid for money." Artemis huffed.

Robin winced. "That sounds rough. Hey look foods here."

Sure enough the server placed two large pizzas in front of us. One of which is solely for Wally of course.

I wasn't very hungry and I guess Kaldur wasn't either because he split a piece in half and gave part of it to me.

"You two should eat some more." Megan said.

"I appreciate the concern, but we are fine." Kaldur took a smile bite of his food. "You do not need to worry about us."

Later

I laid on the soft sand, listening to the gentle hushed murmur of the sea.

It was almost like a lullaby, trying to lure me into its dark inky depths and never release me.

A smile pulled at my lips, I'm not doubting that. Dad probably wants me in his palace right now.

Sand crunched as someone drew close to me, I didn't react, knowing who it was.

Kaldur laid beside me, gazing up at the stars.

I sighed, feeling peace settle over me. Kaldur is my best friend in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Just having him here beside me, away from the rest of the world is amazing.

"What are you thinking of?" He asked.

"How nice it is to have you beside me." I said, sitting up.

"Funny, I was thinking much of the same."

I chuckled softly but I quickly trailed off.

"What is it?" Kaldur sat up as well.

"Do you...do you ever wonder what would have happened if I had accepted immortality?"

"Do not dwell on it Percy. I know why you did what you did, and I am telling you to not dwell on what could have been." His hand pushed hair out of my face.

"Then...do not blame yourself for what you couldn't prevent okay?" I stared at him, moving my hand to rest on the side of his face.

A sigh escaped him as he moved my hand over his lips so he could kiss my palm.

"I will always blame myself for what I could not protect you from. Even if it was yourself."

"Dam it Kaldur." I pulled him into a hug. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"I cannot help it. It is similar to the way in which you blame yourself."

The two of us sat like that for a while, neither of us saying anything. A sea breeze swirled around us.

Soon Kaldur pulled away and laid back down. I laid beside him, my arms folded behind my head as I looked at the sky.

"I do not wish to speak to the Team about what I did...I doubt you do as well. But how are we supposed to avoid a discussion as serious as this?" Kaldur mumbled.

"We deflect until we're forced to talk about it." I responded, the thought causing my heart to pound against my chest.

If Dad tells Chiron and if Chiron tells any of the campers...oh gods...

I know Dad said what I did was selfish , but I...I didn't realize that he was right.

If any of the campers find out that I tried to kill myself...I'm supposed to be the person they look to as a leader. What does it say if-

"Come here."

"Why?" I glanced at him.

"I wish to hug you."

I rolled my eyes and rolled over so I was closer to him.

Kaldur's arms wrapped around me and he seemed to relax.

"Shall we sleep out here tonight?" He mumbled.

"Dad will probably watch out for me so sure."

I felt something wrap around my ankle and I looked down.

Water dragged the two of us into the sea.

"I guess we're sleeping here. Night Kaldur."

"Goodnight your Highness."

Well,

I have to go schedule college classes tomorrow

So I am not going to school tomorrow

Cause if I miss 1st period

I am not going to the hell of Chemistry.

Also that teacher gave us two pages of homework with like 30 questions each

So...

Yeah...

See yah