Chapter 19: Changkyun

Start from the beginning

"Y-You do!" he was trying very hard to calm himself, he needed to focus on Changkyun. "Kyunnie, you need to push or else there will be complications and your life can be in danger. we can't have that... we can't lose someone else..."

"but it's not fair..."

"It's not fair Changkyun, I know, but you shouldn't put your life at risk either. You can do good for the baby. You can share the last moments with her or him, give the baby a name and we can do a beautiful funeral."

Kihyun spoke to Changkyun, listened to him and slowly convinced the blonde omega to go on with the delivery.

To push and bear the pain.

Kihyun sat behind Changkyun and held him while he gave birth. He was there to hold his kid's hands and support Changkyun and to comfort him when it was all unbearable. Changkyun cried while pushing, but he did his best and made Dr. Yoo's job easier by doing so.

Changkyun's screams filled the whole delivery room, Kihyun, and Dr. Yoo helping Changkyun all the way until the baby was delivered.

There was no cry.

Changkyun felt dizzy.

Felt empty.

His mind spun around, he couldn't focus his eyesight when he rested his head back where Kihyun was holding him. Dr. Yoo held the small baby in a small bundle of blankets and asked Changkyun if he wanted to hold his baby.

Changkyun wasn't sure at first, but he didn't want to go on with his life with the regret of never holding his first child in his arms, so he said yes.

"It's a beautiful baby boy." Dr. Yoo carefully handed the baby to Changkyun whose eyes lit up as soon as he saw the baby. He thought it would be super scary to hold his baby because he was no longer alive, but when Changkyun held him, brought him close to his chest he felt sparks fly all over him, butterflies erupted in his stomach and his heart went wild and Doki Doki.

His baby boy was beautiful.

Changkyun loved him nonetheless.

The tears that were dripping from Changkyun's tired eyes were not of sadness but of joy this time. He was scared of meeting his baby, of saying goodbye... but he was glad he got to meet him, to hold him, to smell the top of his head and kiss his forehead. Kihyun was happy to watch, he also got the chance to hold the baby and to adore him. Kihyun was emotional and was crying tears here and there, he was happy, then he was sad and then worried. Kihyun wanted Changkyun to enjoy all the time he could to be with his baby. Everyone left them alone, the girls got called in to share Changkyun's joy and sadness.

🐾🐾🐾

Kihyun was taking his time bathing Changkyun on a small tub, the blonde omega was recovering physically fast thanks to his omega genes, but emotionally... he was a wreck. As far as Kihyun knew, Changkyun was glad he got to spend a whole day with his baby but he was also sad that it was the only time he would get to spend time with his baby, with Benji.

Yep, he named his baby Benji.

He liked that name.

Changkyun had to let Benji go, it wasn't easy. He had mixed emotions and couldn't get himself together as he hoped. Kihyun stayed close to his kid, he wanted to keep Kyun company and make sure the other survives the day.

The older omega was sitting on top of the tub, he was washing Changkyun's blonde hair with a shampoo that had a strong smell of strawberries. He slowly massaged his kid's head with his fingers while the younger just sat there in the water looking at the bubbles with a motionless face.