"Probably not."

I shook my head. "They're sneakier than I gave them credit for."

We headed out to Bryce's car. I wasn't sure if he officially had clearance to drive, but it was his last night before the surgery, so I decided against saying anything.

He opened my passenger door for me before heading around to his side.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Well there's a picnic basket at your feet."

I looked down. "Oh."

"You wouldn't make a very good Sherlock Holmes I'm afraid."

"That's alright; I'll be your Irene."

"Irene?" Bryce eyes, his eyes flickering over to me.

"That's Sherlock's love interest. It was supposed to be flirty."

"Sherlock doesn't have a love interest. And if he did, her name wouldn't be Irene."

"Irene Adler," I informed him.

"Irene Adler is not his love interest," Bryce declined. "She was only in one book, and he's only interested in her for her intelligence."

"No, he's definitely into her."

Bryce shook his head.

"We'll just agree to disagree, because you know I'm right."

"Somehow that doesn't make sense," Bryce muttered. "But I'm not going to question it."

We pulled up to the local park after a few more minutes, and Bryce ordered for me to wait before coming around and opening my car door for me.

"Was that really that important?" I asked, as he wrapped his hand around mine, the other carrying the picnic basket.

"Absolutely," he informed me. "It's the little things Sophie."

I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh no," Bryce muttered.

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me," I sang, letting go of his hand and twirling around. "But bear this in mind it was meant to be."

"I started something that I didn't mean to start," Bryce called out.

"And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks, and it all makes sense to me!"

I stopped twirling, laughing as I stumbled a couple of times due to the dizziness that ensued. Bryce wrapped his arm around me, laughing as well.

"What are we going to do with you?" he asked.

"Love me," I stated, smiling up at him.

"That's doable," he agreed, kissing the top of my head.

We made it to what I guess was Bryce's pre-planned spot, and he opened up his picnic basket.

"What do you have in store for us today?" I asked, as he first laid out a picnic blanket.

It was just the beach blanket that I'd given him last year. It had his name monogrammed on it, along with his baseball number.

"I have pizza," he said, pulling out a circle container. "Homemade of course."

"Fancy," I said, with a nod.

"And some coke," he said, pulling out a couple of bottles of coke. "One with my name on it and one with yours."

"You even took the time to find cokes with our names on it?"

"I am the whole package."

I busted out into laughter, shaking my head at him.