eïght

{♡}

In the not even 24 horas I've known him, he hasn't been this understanding or soft. I told him about my broken family and that I took this job because my family is in need for money to pay for my mother's medical bills. All the money we have goes to either my mother or my brother who is almost done with college. When I told everyone that I found this job they weren't exactly happy. I was too scared to even tell my brother because I knew he was going to stop me. And my dad? I usually don't talk about him and skipped this part in my story about my life. Richard was very kind and showed his understanding for my situation. I talked to him for about an hour until he had to join the others in the booth. From what I've seen, Zabdiel and Christopher are awesome bandmates and friends. They know exactly how to make each other laugh and they look out for each other like brothers. So cute.
I actually lied earlier to Richard about reading that booklet about his life. Yes it's a lot but I already read everything and even signed the contracts. I graduated high school with honours, I always need to be prepared and everything needs to be perfect. After I read the whole booklet I felt like I had been stalking my crush on Instagram and don't know if I should ask about a vacation from three years ago. I've come to known that much in the hours I waited for him yesterday after I watched La Llorona. I might have stalked his Instagram as well.

Seeing him laugh in the booth at stupid jokes of Chris and having fun made me in a weird way happy. I don't think I've seen him smile this genuine but he has one of the most beautiful smiles del mundo.

"Hola bonita, we're going to Chipotle and meeting up with Erick and Joel there." Christopher exclaims happily as the three of them get out. He walks over to me and puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Then, vámonos." I laugh at his enthusiasm. In the corner of my eye I see Richard eyeing Chris and me.

***

"Es un placer conocerla, hermosa." Erick says, giving me a hug as the four of us walk to a tinted van in the parking lot of Chipotle.

"Likewise, bonito."

"How do you like Miami thus far?" Joel asks after he introduced himself with a hug, starting a conversation as we all walk towards Chipotle.

"I actually lived in Miami for a while. Born in DR, raised in the US. My parents divorced when I was younger. My father used to live in Miami and my mother lives in small town in Cali called Victorville."

"No way! I was born in Victorville and I grew up in Hesperia!" Joel says excited.

"What are the odds." I grin, taking a seat next to Richard. He gives me a quick smile and places his hand on my thigh. I follow his eyes to the counter and see Erick and Chris standing there. I don't know if it was a great idea of us to let Christopher and Erick order.

During my conversation with Joel and Zabdiel about football teams I noticed that Richard kind of zoned out. He was busy typing on his phone that he didn't even look up when an obnoxious laugh was nearing our table.

"Lo siento pero like, we were hungry but we may have ordered a little too much." The Ecuadorian says, followed by Erick. Both placing multiple trays on our table.

"Ayy"

{♡}

xx sophia