Is That What I Think It Is?

I came to with a loud swishing noise amplified to my ears.

I looked at the monitor where the nurse was glaring. She ran out of the room and brought a doctor back in. "Is that what I think it is?" She asks. Clearly neither aware I woke up.

The doctor stares at the screen and seems to evaluate it. Finally he catches me watching him.

The doctor looked at me. He asked how far along I was and I shrugged, having no idea what he was talking about.

"Miss Daigle, How far along are you?: He asks again. "What- I? How far, What?" I say ready to pass out again. "Miss Daigle, did you know you were pregnant?" He asks. "I'm, no, no I'm not-" I start to say.

"Miss Daigle, you are pregnant, you appear to be quite far along. However you have an inflamed appendix which needs to be removed immediately. Now, anesthesia can put the baby at risk so we will have to deliver the baby before we put you out." The doctor informs me.

The buzzing and beeping of the monitors tuned the voices out. I could see their lips moving, but no sounds were coming out. 

Nurses working all around me before I feel my bed move and I am brought outside the room and down never-ending hallways. I am brought into a cold Operating room and my skin instantly rises with bumps. They bring my gurney up to the Operating table. I still cannot hear voices because everything seems so surreal, but I could tell by the nurses motioning, I needed to move to the table.

I did my best to move over, but I was mostly pulled and pushed by other nurses and staff. My head is flat on the table as I continue to look around the room, trying to understand why I am here. I try to look down but I see doctors in blue setting up a screen so I cannot see below my neck.

"Miss Daigle, your Partner is here." A nurse says by the side of my head. I quickly turn to see a tall figure walking toward me. It wasn't Ryinn, but I didn't mind

The bright Blue eyes were a dead giveaway, besides the tiniest bit of blonde hair poking out from under the scrub cap he's wearing.

"We knew you couldn't go through this alone, someone had to play the family card." Niall whispers to me as he sits down near my head.

I reach out to grab his hand with tears in my eyes. "What's going on?" I beg, but my voice is barely audible. Niall takes a brief moment to look around at the doctors before looking back at me.

"Uh, Nicole.." He hesitates. "Niall, I'm in an Operating Room, about to be cut open, what the Hell is going on?" the tears start to flow. Niall takes my hand in both of his and comes closer to my face, resting his forehead on mine.

"Nic, Shhh." He says in my ear trying to soothe me. He lifts his head up and looks directly into my eyes. "You're having a baby, Nic." He says. My brows scrunch together in confusion. "I know, it sounds insane, but you need emergency surgery for your Appendix, and they need to get the baby out now to save you both." Niall says. 

"Now?" I say looking back down at the blue screen that is now blocking my view of my lower body. "Now." Niall says locking our eyes. And then, we laugh. Both of us cracking up at the situation.

"Ready to get started?" A voice says from the other side of the screen. A head pops up and I see a doctor waiting for my response. I look at Niall who squeezes my hand and nods slightly. I just shake my head yes to the Doctor.

"You have been given some sedation so you should not be able to feel from here down." The doctor says pointing to an imaginary line going across my chest. "You might feel some pressure, but you won't feel pain. Once the baby is out, you will have a moment to see him, and then baby and dad will leave with the nurses." the doctor says in Nialls direction