Letter 3

Dear Alan Anthony Ashby, 

It was my sister that you met at the meet in greet. The one who you asked if she was 'Cat'. She won't shut up about it now. So thanks. 

I was the one who was trying to get my backpack from the security guy who was convinced that I had drugs in there, or something. I didn't by the way. 

I think it's fucking hilarious that you had to get your leg waxed. Tell everyone that I said hi. 

I WILL NEVER SEND YOU ANY OF MY WRITING. It's embarrassing to say the least. I don't want you reading it. Because - ew. 

I'm glad you're on the right path now, A-Ash-Butts. You really deserve everything that you have. You've earned it all. It's amazing. I'm so jealous. 

You guys played amazingly. I was in the second to front row and was punched in the face by some drunk guy, but I recovered nicely. My mother was so afraid of me going because she had heard the opening acts for you guys at the festival before and - for lack of a better term - she's scared of you guys. I think it's pretty adorable. 

She's obsessed with the thought of me getting hurt or something like that at the stupid shows…and blah, blah, blah "Catherine, you're never ever going to a show again". 

Phil held my hand and Austin took my phone to film himself on stage. During your set. It was really cool and everything. He handed it back to me, but someone tried to grab my phone and it shattered. Stupid fangirls. 

Anyway, you asked what school was like, didn't you? I'll be honest; school is awful. 

I don't have any friends. And I know some people exaggerate, but I really do not have any friends. I'm still considered a 'new kid' even though I've been in the school system for a year and a half. I don't really get bullied, but I'm just ignored. Sometimes I wish I was being bullied because at least they would know that I existed. 

My favorite song is 40 Days…by Blessthefall. I'm sorry. If I have to give you a list of my five favorite songs, it would be 40 Days…, 18 and Life by Skid Row, Contagious Chemistry by YMAS, The Great Hendowski by One Direction, and Bones Exposed - once again, by One Direction. 

I hope you have a sense of humor, Alan, because if you don't, then you'd think I was stupid. 

Another reason why I don't have friends is because of my taste in music. I was sitting in the courtyard the other day and I was alone, so I was playing my music out loud from my phone and suddenly out of no where, a wild group of jocks appeared. They were all like: "uhhh - I don't know any other songs other than fucking mainstream pop" and they looked at me like I was diseased, to which I continued to turn up my music and look them in the eye pretending to cut my throat as a threat. Long story short - they left me alone. 

Being lonely has to be the most comforting thing for me right now. I don't like being around the people in my school, because quite frankly, my school sucks. 

I turn to a different option than drugs, but my option is no better. 

Yes. It is an addiction. I'll agree with you. 

I'm glad you wrote in pen. It's nice to know that you at least have bigger balls than me. 

Sincerely, 

Cat