Letter 1

Dear Alan Ashby,

My name is Catherine Zooey Wolfe. I'm 16 years old, almost 17 and I don't know what the point of this letter is. That's the actual truth. My school is doing this 'write a letter to someone you admire' type thing, and I guess I didn't want to write one to One Direction, like the rest of my class, so I chose to write a letter to you. 

To be honest, I don't know why I chose to write a letter to you. I mean, your band has helped me in the most amazing ways that I cannot describe. Of Mice & Men has, in one way or another, saved my life. I'm sure you hear that all the time, though, so I guess this is nothing special. 

I have no idea how Mr. Reif has a way to mail this out to Of Mice. He said he would find a way. I guess the whole point of this stupid assignment is to somehow get a response. I'm not expecting a response because I'm sure you're really busy and stuff, so I'll make it short and sweet. 

Thank you for living so I can live too. Does that make sense? I hope so, because I'm not changing it because I've written this in pen. So there. 

I don't know what else there is to say.

You're amazing at guitar, but you probably already knew that. 

Uh, so…bye, I guess. Thanks for your time. 

~C.W.