Meeting 2

Alan's POV

The day after the show, I met up with Cat at her house. Aaron was kind enough to drop me off at her house in the van that we toured around with just incase someone had to do a quick run to the store, or something. 

Her sister opened the door and totally flipped out, slamming the door in my face, screaming on top of her lungs. Cat must've caught on because minutes later, the door opened and Cat stood there, looking unimpressed. 

"Where'd your sister go?" I laughed. Cat raised an eyebrow. 

"I locked her in the basement. She was being too obnoxious." 

I laughed at that too, but when I realized Cat wasn't kidding, my eyes went wide. "Cat! You can't do that! That's insanely abusive!" 

"The basement is completely refurnished and turned into a man-cave." she responded cooly. "If I had it my way, I would be spending time with you in the basement, but Emmy got there first." 

I put the pieces together to come to the conclusion that Emmy was her sister. 

"So, are you going to invite me in?" I joked, tapping the door frame with my knuckles. Cat smirked. 

"I have no reason to invite you into the house. You're not a vampire. You can make your own decisions." 

"Well, you got me there." I said, rolling my eyes and stepping into her house. I could hear faint music playing and recognized the song as Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Damn, she had a good taste in music. 

She walked her way to the kitchen and turned to me, placing her hands on her hips. She was about a half a foot shorter than me, so seeing her cock her eyebrow at me while peering up with those eyes, I couldn't help but smile down at her. 

"What?" She asked, sounding a little annoyed. 

"Nothing..." I smirked, sending her a wink. "Are we making cupcakes?" 

"Fuck yes." She replied, nodding curtly. She pointed to the cake batter sitting on the shelf along with food coloring dye. "Pick a color, Alan. Because we're making pretty cupcakes." 

"I like pretty cupcakes." I said sticking out my tongue. She - surprisingly - did the same thing back to me. I smirked. "Then I choose...hot pink!" 

"Hot pink." Cat said slowly, as if she was trying to convince me to pick another color. "Hooot piiiink." 

"Yeah. Let's make hot pink cupcakes." I laughed, throwing my arms up. "Woo!" 

"Fine." Cat smiled, seeming to relax a little. It made me feel a little more secure when she let her guard down. "We'll make hot pink cupcakes." 

"Yum." I grinned widely. "Now, smile for the camera! I'm gonna put this selfie on twitter, and instagram!" 

"Greeat." Cat rolled her eyes, grabbing a mixing bowl from the cabinets. I stopped myself from laughing as she reached on her tiptoes to get it from the high shelf. "I'll be social media famous by the end of the night." 

"Hells yeah!" I whooped, causing her to giggle. "You'll be the next Of Mice & Men band member! We'll call your portion of the show: Of Mice & Men & Me." 

"It would be: Of Mice & Men & I." Cat corrected, wrinkling her nose. "Learn your grammar, Ash-butts." 

"Hey." I said, pretending to be sad. "No need to be mean." 

"I'm not." She said casually. "Now hand me that spoon. We've got cupcakes to bake."