Letter A

Dear Kitty-Cat,

It's me, Alan. You already knew that because it's written on the return address. How have you been? I haven't heard from you in a while...Are you avoiding me? I mean, I miss talking to you, Cat, and I miss getting your letters in the mail...ever since we met, you stopped sending your letters. Maybe it's because school got out, and you're out doing summer things. Didn't your teacher send your letters for you? I thought we were going to continue sending letters back and forth to each other so we could still be friends? I'm not saying we aren't friends. I hope we are friends...we are friends...right?

I hope you're doing fine. I really worry about you kiddo. Maybe it's just because I worry that if I don't hear from you, something bad might've happened to you. I'm not trying to say you're unstable, but ever since you opened up to me, I felt that we made a really strong connection, but the connection was over toxic material, like my past drug abuse and your past self-harm.

I just wanted to let you know that you're always on my mind, Cat. I watched 500 Days of Summer, but I wasn't completely zoned out on Zooey like I normally am because I was thinking about you. Not in a weird perverted way, but I was just thinking about you and your own personal well-being.

You're an amazing girl, Cat, and I love you to death. I hope you write back to me soon, Cat, because this is killing me.

-Alan Ashby