THE LAST CHAPTER

HERE IT IS THE VERY LAST CHAPTER! HOPE YOU ENJOY.

HAILIE’S P.O.V.

“The place looks so beautiful Hails. You did a really good job.” That husky voice she loves to hear so much whispers in her ear. She turns to face him with a smile. “Thank you, Andrew. I’m glad you could make it.” The sound of her phone receiving a message draws her attention away from her best guy friend for the last five years. Looking at her phone she sees a message from the driver. ‘Two minutes away.’ She turns conveying the message to the room. Everyone takes their places and waits in silence. 

It isn’t long before they could hear the sound of a car pulling up and car doors shutting. Moments later foot steps approach the door. Light singing could be heard as the door began to open. Hailie could feel the laughter of those around them as Asia sings to Marshall. Ten years to the day since they got married and they still act as if its their honeymoon. 

They step further into room when Hailie turns on the lights and everyone yells out SURPRISE! The look on both of their faces is hysterical. A few people even laugh at their shocked faces. Its not long before guests engulf the couple then congrats and hugs are shared. Hailie patrols the room making sure that food and drinks are flowing properly before heading to greet her Dad and Step-Mom. 

MARSHALL’S P.O.V.

Why does time seem to fly by in a blink of an eye? One day I see my future through a music store window at a mall. Then the next we’re celebrating our anniversary. Currently we are heading home from an impromptu honeymoon. It was completely Asia’s idea to do this but I agreed as soon as she told me where we were going. British Virgin Island is a beautiful place to visit. Definitely have to make it there with the wife soon. Maybe next time we can actually take in the sites. 

I look over to Asia and can’t help the sigh. She is such a workaholic, like me. That damn phone is still attached to her ear. “Well Mrs. Carter, I’m glad that you loved your dress. You have no idea I happy I am that you contacted me to make your vow renewal dress.” Guess Queen B loved the dress Asia made for her. From the sounds of things one of her A-List friends wants a dress to. I couldn’t help but to groan. That means she’s getting on a plane and going somewhere. After pictures of Asia’s wedding dress surfaced A to O became the it brand for wedding dresses. Which you can only get at one of the many stores, including Australia .

The car finally pulls up to the house just as Asia ended the call and let out a sigh. “I really needed this break.” She whispered out loud. I don’t respond to her statement. I open my door and get out of the car taking the duffle bag with our clothes. I walk around to her side and open her door holding my hand out to her. Asia smiles over to me and takes my hand. Just as we stepped up to the door Asia starts to sing. She has been doing that the whole trip. Always something different. Today it’s the Anniversary song by Tony Toni Tone’s. 

I put the key in the lock and open the door. I pull her into the house dropping the bag at the door. I shut the door  with my foot as we both move into the house. Its extremely quiet since the girls moved out and Lady and Ronnie are in New York with Mykaela and Fifty. All of a sudden the lights are turned on and we’re faced with a room full of people. SURPRISE! We both freeze in shock. I’m sure our faces display just how shocked we are as family and friends move in giving hugs and saying their congratulations. 

Hailie finally makes her way over with Andy at her side. I cant help but wonder when the two of them will get together. I have always liked Andrew. “Hi Daddy.” She whispers in my ear as we hug each other. “I want to ask if you where surprised but I can tell that you were.” She laughs out. “Well you definitely got us. Thank you for putting this together. I’m really proud of you baby girl. I hope you know that.” She gives me a bright smile after hearing my comment.