Chapter 12

MY COMPUTER LASTED LONG ENOUGH TO POST THIS UPLOAD. I WROTE THIS AND QUICKLY UPLOADED SO I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

MYKAELA’S P.O.V.

Beep……beep…..beep! “Hey Lainie grab the popcorn please!” Asia yells out. A minute later Lainie steps into the living room. “Did it start yet?” Lainie inquires as she sets the popcorn on the table. Hailie shook her head in answer. Lainie takes her seat on the love seat next to Hailie. Asia and I are along with all of the kids are sitting in my living room waiting for the Tonight Show to start. Dre, Curtis and Marshall are all on the same segment. None of them would tell us why though.

Finally the commercial ends and Jimmy’s face comes into view. “Welcome back everyone. My next guests need no introduction. Please help me welcome Dr. Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent.” The audience erupts in applause and cheers as the guys walk on to the set. Each take their turn to greet Jimmy before taking their seats. It took another minute for the audience settled down. It’s at this moment that my attention comes to Curtis’ shirt. 

My eyes widen in surprise to what I kept reading over and over. “Okay I’m going to ask the question on everyone’s mind. What’s with the shirt?” Curtis took a breath as he rubs his hands together. “As everyone most likely knows by now my wife was accused of a heinous crime. I aint talking about the whole assault thing either. Any way, I didn’t defend my Wife like I was suppose to. I’m in the process of trying to make it up to her. This is like phase one of operation Woo her.” The audience awed his statement.

Jimmy nods his head before he speaks. “Well good luck with that.” Causing the audience to laugh. The interview went on without a hitch as usual. Jimmy has always been a great guy. Just as they were about to end the segment Marshall decides to drop a bomb. “Hey Jimmy do you mind if I throw a little news out there?” Marshall smirks as Jimmy grants permission with another nod. “Well I want everyone to know that there will be a new edition coming soon.” “So the engagement rumors are true?” Jimmy interrupts causing everyone to sit on the edge of the seats. Including here in the house.

“I can see the smile wanting to come out so bad.” Whitney laughed. “I know. I don’t know how he’s managing to hold it.” Asia commented.

“Well Jim I can’t confirm nor deny such allegations. What I was trying to say is that I’m planning to drop my next album soon.”  The audience went nuts. “There you have it. You heard that here first. We’ll be right back!” The Tonight Show faded out as a commercial took over.

Silence like I have never heard before descended on the living room. For all of fifteen seconds after the commercial started. Then everyone started to talk all at once.

That was about three months ago that the madness started. For the first thirty days Curtis wore a different shirt that read the same thing. I WAS A JACKASS TO MY WIFE AND HOPE SHE WILL FORGIVE ME. According to Marquise it started the hash tag #forgive him. The second month he head matching shirts made for us. His read: MYKAELA’S HUSBAND GET YOUR OWN. Mine read: CJ’s WIFE YOU MAD OR NAH? During the second month he would take me out for dates where I had to wear the t-shirts. The third month he stopped all of the antics, well sort of. Every day at different times of the day someone delivered a package to me. From a cardboard cut out of DeMarcus Ware to fifty pairs of shoes in all variety. I have to admit that the shoes were the best so far. I have never been a person that craved attention but I loved every moment of all of it. 

Thankfully we are at the end of the “90 day make it up to me” mission. So I decided I would make dinner. Which is what I started to do when I heard the door open. A minute later, to my surprise, Tyler, Asia Lenny and Chester walks into the kitchen. “Hey Myk.” They say in unison then chuckle at my stunned face. My face finally pulls out of the surprise. Turning into a grin as I move toward everyone for a group hug.