Chapter 13 (revised)

HERE IS REVISED CHAPTER! ORIGINALLY I LIKED THIS CHAPTER BUT I KEPT READING IT AND THOUGHT IT JUST WASNT RIGHT. I COULDNT EVEN WRITE CHAPTER 14. COULDNT THINK STRAIGHT AT ALL. I AM STILL DEDICATING THIS CHAPTER TO YOUWISHIWASYOU!!! THANKS FOR VOTING EVERY CHAPTER I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

MYKAELA’S P.O.V.

BEEP…..BEEP……BEEP! What the hell is that incessant noise? Why wont it stop? Is that an alarm clock? We don’t have an alarm clock. Curtis is the human alarm. So what is that noise? I began to shift on the bed ready to kill what ever was making that sound but my body protested loudly. Nothing wanted to move. It was like I had the ultimate physical training when I never exercised a day in my life.

Slowly I open my eyes to see a pure white ceiling. My brows furrow in confusion. Since when have we had pure white ceilings? Curtis doesn’t like the sterile look. BEEP…..BEEP…..BEEP! Where the hell am I? What wont stop that beeping? I cautiously turn my head to the left and right. I see the heart monitor next to the bed. A hospital room? Where the hell is Curtis? Last thing I remember was the parking lot.

Curtis asked anybody and everybody if they saw who shot me. I really didn’t want to but I had to say something. So with a sigh I responded. “I did and you’re not going to like it.” Everyone crowded around me as the distant sound of sirens filled the air. I looked right at Tyler as I said, “It was Anton.” I could see Tyler’s eyes go wide as his head slowly shakes in denial. “It was him Tyler. I don’t know who was driving or shooting. When that van pulled up Anton is the one who opened the left passenger door. I looked him right in the eyes. For a moment I was to shocked to move but when he tried to pull me in the van. I snapped right out of it and I started to fight with him. For a moment he pulled me in then I elbowed him in the face. Felt like I hit the nose. He quickly let go and I ran as fast as I could. Something hit my back. Right after I got hit the second time I hit the ground and rolled under the car. 

My room door opens causing me to look up. My spirits died when a nurse came in. I was hoping it was Curtis. “Well hello there sleepy head. I’m Tiffany your day nurse. You are the most popular patient I have. The waiting room is filled with people here to see you. They come everyday to see you.” My eyes widen and the beeping rhythm speeds up. How long have I been here? I wonder to myself. “Its okay. Calm down. Breath in through the nose and slowly out of your mouth.” I did as instructed and the beeping slowed down. “You’re fine. No need to panic. Let me check your vitals, then I will call your doctor and see if I can find your husband.” I nod slightly in agreement. “Here let me sit you up.”

Less than a minute after the nurse left Curtis came rushing into the room. I heard the sigh of relief when he saw me sitting up drinking water. I sat the cup down just as he reached me. He sat cautiously on the bed causing me to smile. I cleared my throat before I spoke. “No treating me like a porcelain doll, Mr. Jackson.” I cringed slightly at hearing my voice. Which causes Curtis to jump up. “What’s wrong? Did I hurt you?” His voice borderline panic. “No, no. It’s just the sound of my voice.” Another sigh of relief and he tentatively sat back down.

We sat there for a moment just looking at each other. I felt his hand slide up the bed until our hands interlocked. “I thought I lost you.” There was a slight catch at the end of his statement. He cleared his throat to stop it. “You really have to stop scaring me like this.” He pulled our interlocked hands up to his lips but I pulled back at the last second. That move caused my back to burn in pain. I’m surprised that I held the wince in. His brows scrunched in confusion. “If you’re going to kiss any part of me make it my lips.” To my statement he smiles a 50 type of smile. He leans down and presses his lips firmly to mine. I can tell he’s being really careful to not jostle the bed.