You're... What...?

Manoeuvring through the training sequence with skill like none of his teammates had, he killed every single bot, dicing them in any way imaginable. Anything that came at him? Dead. He knew he had some skills, but he wasn't aware of just how good he was.

His entire team was stood right by the door to the training room, just watching the way he'd twist his body when necessary. He never missed a thing, seeing one small change before any of the others.

"He's got skill, I'll give him that." Lance said absentmindedly, followed by an approving hum from his team. "I don't think I could do what he's doing if I trained for 50 years." Hunk basically huffed out, sounding jealous but proud at the same time.

"End training sequence."

He stood there, plastered in sweat, back turned to his teammates. His sword retracted, shrinking down into his regular crimson Bayard. All that could be heard right at that moment was Keith's rough breathing and the shuffle of his feet every few seconds.

"Excellent work, Keith." Shiro was the first to break the silence, showing Keith his pride in him and almost sounding like a dad. Keith turned, staring at him, eyes still determined. Then the determination in his eyes faltered, for a fraction of a second. But it was still noticeable. "Yeah..." Keith breathed.

Without another word, Keith walked towards his teammates, but instead of stopping, walked straight past them. Everyone looked back at him, all looking confused, but Lance was the one to follow, "I'm gonna check on him." Shiro nodded and called everyone to dinner, where Hunk had tried, and mostly succeeded, to make a full-English-breakfast, but Lance didn't really care. He was concerned.

Eventually Keith's footsteps stopped in the middle of one of the halls, and he turned on his heel to stare at Lance. "What?" Lance stayed silent a few moments, before finally, "You okay man? You seem a little.. Off." Keith nodded and turned again to walk away, but found he couldn't, as Lance's hand was placed firmly on his shoulder, and had spun him back around. "Will you stop being a pest?" Keith groaned out, looking at the taller boy with slight frustration in his eyes.

"What can I say man? I'm worried." Keith attempted to choke out a laugh, "You're worried?... About me?" His tone changed, to more of a confused bundle of emotions. "Yeah... Believe it or not, I do care.. And you don't seem right. Everything good?"

Instinctively, Keith wanted so badly to shake his head, to just collapse into Lance's caring embrace, to just cry, let it all out, to not care about who it was, but he couldn't. He stood for a moment, debating whether or not to explain himself. Before he could get a single word out, Lance's face twisted into pure concern. "Hey... It's okay... You don't have to cry.." "What..?"

He hadn't realised. Small salty drops of sadness had found their way to Keith's eyes, dripping painfully slowly down his face. "I.. I know it's tough, being stuck in space, never knowing what's coming next or when you're going home, but it—" "It's not that."

Shit. He now had to explain himself. "What do you mean? What is it then?" Hesitantly, Keith took Lance's hand from his shoulder, holding it and dragging him to his room, doors closing shut as they stood there.

And he let go.

Swivelling around, he faced the Cuban before him. The beautiful idiot...

"Lance. I don't really know how to say this... I.. Uh... I'm really dysphoric right now, and I don't know how to deal with it. I mean, I've been dealing with it most of my life, but I... It's really bad as of late.......

Lance, I'm transgender."

A painful silence filled the room, as Keith stood, avoiding eye contact, awaiting a reply, one he thought would be so painful to hear. But instead, "You're... What...?" Keith nodded slightly, his body burning with knowing the fact he wasn't biologically male.