; memeulous

!! will be posting the last part of the quackity series on tuesday.

u and george as astronauts

i would bet george wouldn't last a day outside their flat, let alone outer space🥵

angst | title: in the stars with me

- - -

"Y/n," George's groggy voice woke you up from your slumber. you groaned, covering your face with your blanket as he opened the curtains to your cubicle. your box was small, much similar to his, but it had all your needs in it. a picture of you and your brother, Will, stuck on the wall and pillows that were tightly sealed on the comforter so it wouldn't float.

you opened your eyes, seeing his body floating over you and his hair swaying in a water-like motion. "what?" you said, rubbing your eyes as you yawned. "come watch the world with me," he said, gesturing to the observation room–a room where a large window stood out for you to look, and where the earth was visible. you chuckled, "i'd rather watch the moon."

"yeah, but watching earth revolving around looks much awesome." he winked at you and pushed himself out of your box. you sat up, pushing yourself out. you floated through the halls of the spacecraft, pushing out floating wires back into their places and grabbing George's comb on the way to the observation room.

you entered the room, seeing George sitting by the circular window, looking at the earth as it revolved, the sun illuminating one side and the water glistening. you sat besides him, humming as George pointed at the earth, "it never fails to amaze me. " he admitted. you smiled, humming in agreement.

you and George have been in outer space for two years now. your crew members, Alex and James, were still asleep in their cubicles, but this was a great time to be alone with George. through these years, you both grew a strong connection between each other.

George knew you like the back of your hand, he had known you since you two started training for this day to come and he treated you well. he was kind, too kind and he always made sure you were comfortable. you thought that it was only because he was the captain and he cared for his crew, but everyone knew it was far from that.

George looked at you, seeing how your eyes flickered on Earth at it slowly revolves. the sun was giving your skin this soft glow and your eyes sparkled with passion–this never failed to make his own heart beat twice as faster. he sighed softly and placed a hand on top of yours, making you look at him. "i- can i be honest with you for a bit?" his voice was softer than usual; he was nervous.

"of course," you replied, smiling sweetly at him. he smiled back, "i think y-you're awesome and everything about you is. i like you- your! i mean, i like your eyes and you. i like-no, i love you." his words made you flustered and you let out a breathy chuckle. "took you long enough, huh?" you smiled as you held his hand, lacing your fingers around his.

he smiled slyly, "what can i do? captain duties first." he laughed and rested his head upon your shoulder.

"i love you too, George."

- - -

"what am i looking at, Elmslie?" George sternly asked as his eyes flickered upon the screens where big red signs popped up nonstop. Alex, who was doing his best to figure out the situation, tapped dashingly across the keyboard as his mind drifted to the possible cause of the ship's malfunction. "the ship's left wing has been hit by an asteroid, Captain. if we don't do anything, we might-" you placed a hand on Alex's shoulder and shook your head, your eyes pleading him to stop.