; memeulous (2)

fluff | title: run away with me

her eyes wandered off to the sky, seeing twinkling stars abover her. she sighed, taking a seat on the bench. the night was quiet, nothing but the sound of crickets in the distance.

she looked down at her shoes, playing with the hem of her long sleeves. she heard a twig snap and she sighed, "why'd you leave me?" she asked, not even daring on looking back.

she heard grass rustling behind her and another figure sat besides her, keeping their distance. "i know i have a lot of explaining to do," his voice was still the same. the same goofy and loving voice she loved three years ago.

"first, i am deeply sorry." "George," she frowned, looking at her hands. "i- i missed you."

George held back tears as he scooted over to her, wrapping his arms around her frame. he buried his face into the crook of her neck as he felt her relax under his touch. "i missed you too."

"where have you been?" her voice was soft, broken in the depths only he could hear. George pulled away and caressed her cheek, his eyes illuminating with the moonlight. "i had to keep you and our baby safe," "you could have stayed and-,"

he shook his head and kissed her forehead. "when i left, i went to James to spare the baby's life. he and your father ended all connections with the other kingdoms once they knew you were carrying a child in you," "b-but, what happened to you?"

George smiled, "your father was kind enough to give me a small cottage by the borders of the kingdom and told me to take my time." he replied, looking up the stars. "honestly, i should've seen you sooner."

"you're messed up, George," she chuckled and sighed. "but i'm glad you're here."

"wait, what do i do?" George gulped as they walked towards Owen's room. she rolled her eyes and smiled, "just act natural." "so, i'm supposed to bully the baby?" he snickered and she punched his arm, making him hiss.

"George! just, uh, say hello." she giggled and stood in front of the door, turning her head back to George as she stretched her hand put for him. "ready?" she asked. George nodded and laced his hand with hers.

she opened the door and George's eyes landed on the small figure inside the crib. they walk slowly towards Owen, Y/n smiling widely as George's eyes sparkled with delight. "he- he's beautiful," he whispered, bending over the crib.

Owen was asleep, his small stomach rising up and down as he softly breathed. George placed a hand upon his heart and sniffed, "oh my god." he mumbled out. Y/n turned to him and saw the tears in the corners of his eyes.

he wiped his eye, "hello, Owen. i'm your dad and you are such a beautiful baby," George whispered, his eyes fluttering with love. Y/n smiled and kissed his cheek, "you're going to be a great father."

"you're already a great mother, princess." George replied, pulling her closer. he wrapped his arms around her and slowly leaned in to kiss her, but then they heard Owen giggle. George froze and chuckled, resting his forehead on hers.

"not in front of the baby," she mumbled, pecking his nose before turning to Owen. George snapped his fingers, "yeah, sure." he rolled his eyes and smiled.

- - bonus ending - -

George laid besides his wife, wrapping his arms around her waist. he buried his face within the crook of her neck and dozed off to sleep. "dad?" he heard a small voice call out.

George opened his eyes and sat up, seeing their four year old by the door way. "hey, buddy. why are you awake?" he softly asked, standing up to walk over to Owen. the small boy sniffled as he clutched his stuffed bear within his small arms.

"m-monsters," Owen whimpered as George knelt in front of him. George smiled and kissed his forehead, "do you want to sleep with me and mummy?" he asked and the boy nodded.

George picked his up, carrying Owen in his arms. he laid his son down besides his wife, covering his lower body with the cover. George laid down and ruffled Owen's hair, "you shouldn't be afraid of monsters, bubba."

"scary," Owen mumbled out. George shook his head, "it's okay to be scared sometimes, but you should be brave. the world is full of monsters but-," he looked at his sleeping wife, Y/n, and smiled.

"you'll always have someone who'll stand by you and love you no matter what happens."