; willne

a/n: heads up for the quackityhq series. there shall be two more chapters and it'll contain spoilers for, both, infinity war and endgame.

where in a prince falls in love with a dame (a female knight)

another royal au.

royal | title: brave

- - -

"they're back already?" Will perked up from his throne and listened as the horses from the front court halted to a stop. "yes, sire. lady Y/n finished off her quest," his servant, George, replied. the giant doors opened, revealing Y/n and her knights following behind her. she took off her helmet, shaking her head as her hair fell down.

Will smiled, his eyes sparkling as they met hers. she smiled and bowed down to the prince, "we were able to retrieve the gold, sir," she said, her voice was worn out yet Will found it silky. Will nodded, "very good, lady Y/n. now go and rest." he dismissed them, waving his hand at the knights.

as they left the room, George snickered, "when are you going to tell her that you're in love with her?"

"get your arse out here before i cut your head off."

- - -

Will walked around the garden, watching as the afternoon sky was painted in strokes of orange and pink. he wasn't fond of sunsets but he saw the color of it in her eyes; how the way it glowed whenever he'd smile at her. he stopped by a bush, looking down at the sprouting flowers from it and a little butterfly was dancing along the colorful beauties.

"do you like butterflies, prince?" Will jumped, startled at the new voice besides him. he turned to his side and sighed in relief, seeing only her in her comfortable clothes. "n-not really." he stuttered, feeling nervous around her. she looked stunning in her armor, the silver lining complimented her skin, but seeing her in just normal clothes made her look calm and beautiful.

she giggled, seeing the butterfly fly away from the bush, "i don't judge. we all have our perspectives," you softly said, looking at the prince. Will had his alone times with her, whether it was a meeting or seeing each other around the castle at some times. "do you like butterflies?" he asked, walking besides her as they walked deeper into the garden.

"my mother loved butterflies and i guess, i do?" she giggled, her laugh making its' own butterflies in Will's stomach. they heard a horn, a very loud one, in the distant and both their eyes widened.

"the village!"

- - -

fire and chaos were everywhere. the villagers were running off to different paths, bumping into each other, screaming and panicking. "what's happening?!" Will shouted, halting his horse to a stop. a knight approached him, "someone attacked the village, sir!" they replied, looking around the chaotic scene. "who?!" Will said, drawing out his sword as smoke dispersed in the distance.

"well, well," a dark voice said, sticking fear in their hearts. black boots, a long dark coat, and a sword made out of pure silver; Niall. "great seeing you again, prince. where's your charming dame?" he smirked, his dark eyes illuminating with the fire. "right here, you bastard." her voice boomed as she swung her sword towards Niall.

Niall blocked her attack with his own sword, chuckling as he pressed the sword down to her face. "i'm afraid you need to go, darling," "not if i can't help it." Will said and kicked Niall in the leg, making the villain lose his balance and fall on the dirt. Niall groaned and swung his sword to Will's direction, leaving a gash on Will's leg.

Will hissed and flung his sword towards Niall's chest, but Niall blocked it again with his own. Y/n punched Niall's head, making him drop his silver sword. Will stepped back and watched as Y/n punched and beat up within her touch, her hand was tightly gripping his collar while the other one was kept on punching his pale face, leaving bruises and a black eye on him.

Will pulled her back, restraining her body within his arms as he saw the rage in her eyes. Niall stood up, laughing darkly as he weakly held out his sword. "you d-dare challenge me? how pathetic-" Will grabbed his sword and swiftly flung it towards Niall's neck. the villain falling on the dirt once again.

after Will assisted the villagers back to the castle halls, with the help of George, he quickly made his way out of the castle and to the garden–where he knew Y/n would be. he was right, he saw her sitting by the butterflies as her fingers dance along with them.

"lady Y/n."

she looked up and smiled at him, "i'm sorry for my rage outburst earlier, sir. Niall– he was just the reason behind why my family suffered so much," "no troubles, lady Y/n. the kingdom owes you one," he said as he sat down next to her. a butterfly landed on his shoulder and Y/n smiled, pointing at it, "i think this one likes you, prince."

Will laughed as the butterfly flew towards her nose, "i think it's more fond of you," he softly said as the butterfly flew away. "on behalf the kingdom, thank you," Will said as he looked at her (e/c) eyes, his heart almost leaping out of his chest. "you're welcome, sir."

"you have no idea how grateful i am to have you," he whispered, his hand having a mind of his own. it caressed her cheek and she blushed as Will ran his thumb over her cheekbone, "please stay."

he leaned in and placed tender chaste kiss upon her lips, sending sparks to fly between them. as they pulled away, she rested her forehead on his as she smiled, "i'll stay forever, Will."

"sir, we- oh! i'm so sorry!" George apologized as he ruined the moment. Will laughed as he looked at George, "you've got a minute to tell me before i throw this sword at you."