; imallexx

[lowercase intended]

angst | title: better

!! graphic description of an accident. (possible) trigger warning. read with caution !!

hurt was written across her face as she opened the door to Alex's room, George running behind her. she heard George quietly gasp as he stood behind her, seeing the two figures in Alex's bed.

Alex was hovering on top of another girl, not just any other girl, Y/n's bestfriend.

"A-alex?" she breathed out, tears already falling down her cheeks. Alex stopped thrusting and slowly turned to the door, shock and regret in his eyes. "Y/n! w-wait! it's n-not what it l-looks like--!" she ran out of the flat, bumping her shoulder with George.

she heard Alex shouting her name behind her, his voice seemed different; it seemed unfamiliar to her. as she ran into the lift, she saw Alex running towards her, fully clothed this time.

the doors closed and she sat down, her back leaning against the cold mirrored wall of the lift. this wasn't the Alex she knew, the Alex she knew would never do this.

the lift door opened, she stood up and walked straight to the exit.

what did her bestfriend have that she didn't?

what did she do wrong?

did Alex even love her–

she was caught up in her train of thoughts that when she crossed the road, her sight blurred by tears, she didn't notice the car rushing towards her.

the impact sent her flying, her fragile body hitting the car with great force and she flew a meters away. she landed on the cold concrete ground, blood gushing out of her mouth.

like black spray paint being sprayed on her eyes, she began losing her vision. her body held so much pain, both physically and mentally, that she felt numb.

she could only hear ringing in her ears and she felt hands grabbing her shoulders.

"--no! no! please! i can't lose you! no!" the voice felt warm. it was tuned out, the ringing only got louder and louder as the seconds rolled by. "don't close your eyes, Y/n! don't give up on me!"

she smiled faintly, looking up to the figure kneeling besides her. brown hair, gorgeous eyes, and pale skin?

"Alex"

"i-i'm here!" he practically shouted, tears stinging his eyes. he held on to her hand as George called an ambulance, panicking in the background.

"Alex?" she called out, looking at him. Alex looked up from his phone and smiled warmly at her, "yes, Y/n?"

"promise you'll never leave me?" she hummed, playfully pouting at him. he laughed, kissing her lips, "never ever, princess"

"don't leave me, Y/n!" Alex whimpered, tears falling down his cheeks. "i promised i wouldn't leave you! you should too!"

her smile began fading away and her eyelids began falling down. "no! Y/n! please!" Alex begged, holding her hands.

Alex heard the sirens coming towards them. everything seemed to slow down as the grip on her hands, loosened. the color on her skin became lighter and her skin became cold.

Alex was held back by a medic as they took her broken body away from him.

"hey" Alex whispered, running a hand through her hair. his back was pressed against the headboard of his bed with his lover sitting on his lap with her chest pressed against his and her face buried in the crook of his neck.

"yeah?" she whispered back, looking directly at his eyes. Alex caressed her cheek and smiled, "i love you"

"i love you too"

the ambulance faded away from his perspective and he felt cold. he felt the sun got tired and never decided to show up again.

a knot grew inside his stomach and he felt George putting a hand on his shoulder, "she'll be okay" he tried to assure him, but Alex shook his head.

"i lost her"

"Y/n is, and always will be, the most gorgeous woman i have ever seen in my entire existence. she's the sun that revolves around my world, the stars above my sky, and my whole universe" Alex said, trying his best not to cry.

he sighed and continued, "but now that's she's gone. . . i-i feel like m-my sun is gone and everything i-is cold. i miss her, i miss her so much. a day without her feels like torture. she's the only thing keeping me going and i-" Alex saw a few tears drop down on his eulogy letter.

"-i let her slip away. i'm a fool, an idiot, a fucking bitch, for hurting her. i love you, Y/n. you deserved more than this, more than me. i love you, so so much. if you were here, you'd probably wiped my tears and bullied me" he laughed quietly, along with the rest of her families and friends.

"but you're not. you won't be here anymore to help me edit my videos, you won't be by my side when i wake up, and you won't be here supporting me with everything that i do" he cried, closing his eyes.

"Y/n is a strong girl, she wouldn't want any of us to cry, she'd want us to forget her" Alex looked at her coffin, seeing her peaceful state.

"but how do you forget someone when they gave you so much to remember?" he hiccuped, wiping his tears away.

"wherever she is, she is looking out for us. we miss her already" he sighed, climbing down from the small stage and sat down besides James.

"it's alright, Alex. she's in a better place now" James assured him, rubbing his back.

"i'm sure she is, cause i'm certainly not"