Chapter 17 Fight or flight

Thump
.
Thump
.
Thump
.
Rainbow Steve heard his heart begging him to rest, so much was happening his mind could barely keep up with it.
"WHERE DID HE GO!" Shouted a corrupted from somewhere behind him...
"I THNK HE WHEN THIS WAY!" The voice suddenly got closer and closer. ... don't move, don't even breath!
And most importantly
Don't
Get
caught
The world seemed to slow as he heard there steps right next to him, then nothing, they stopped. Why?
What they said next made him white with fear!
.
.
.
"Found you"
Rainbow Steve leaped to his feet and started to run but a strong hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him back down to the ground!
"Trying to run, How pathetic! A real Steve would face me head-on.", He pulled both his arms behind his back and forced him to stand.
"Besides there's someone who really wants to see you again."
"Who?"
"Dark Steve."
...
Dark Steve sat alone in a small clearing in the forest, it was quiet and cold but it was peaceful. He could hear a struggle and stood up and ready my self for a fight.
"Hey Dark, I got something for you!"
I felt a smile growing on my face as he threw rainbow Steve at my feet.
"Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise! I thought I had to drag you from that group of Steve, but instead, you willingly separate yourself from the safety of the group!"
Rainbow Steve tried to sit up but the corrupted Steve that brought him here stepped on his back and pushed him back into the ground. I leaned over to get closer to rainbow Steve ear.
"It's over, your finish, and when nightmares Steve is done with you he will hunt down the rest of your friends and make sure they suffer! All thanks to you and your sacrifice to the cause, and don't worry we'll put that power you have too good use."
"N-NO!", Rainbow Steve shouted
"No?"
Rainbow Steve felt wired like his lungs and bones were on fire but instead of fighting it he embraces it.
"You're THE ONES TO SUFFER!"
Just then his arms and back burst into flames, causing the corrupted Steve to jump back! He was able to get up but most importantly he was able to fight.