Chapter 3 On the hunt

Dark Steve grew concerned when he heard the news and HIS reaction to it, so he decided to find out what's bothering him. When he got there he heard voices arguing with each other,
"HE'S JUST A CHILD," the Nightmare King yelled
"That changes nothing, continue with your mission"
"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT HE'S DONE NOTHING WRONG "
"He's a threat"
"HE'S INNOCENT"
"hmmm..... you've grown weak"
"don't mistake weakness for mercy"
"have you forgotten who you're talking to,"
"......"
"I know every Steve's strength and weakness, I CONTROL the very fragments of reality, you are nothing. You're no better than the dirt beneath my feet.
"........."
"So do your job and don't make me ask again..... OH and before I go just remember it's only a matter of time."

There was a sound of a portal opening then nothing it was all quite. Dark Steve entered the room to see the king himself on his hands and knees still shaking from the experience.
"HOW MUCH OF THAT DID YOU HEAR!" The king demanded
"Enough to know that the nightmare king has a nightmare of his own." Dark Steve taunted but immediately regretted it when he saw the death glares he was getting from the nightmare king!
"I'll deal with you later right now I have bigger fish to fry!" he said as a fireball formed in his hand "Summons your best Shadows we're going to their base to retrieve some things of great importance!"
"As you wish My lord but if you don't mind me asking what is that we're retrieving?"Dark Steve said curiously his response was shocking!
"The Rainbow Child"

Rainbow Steve got bored waiting for blue Steve or Elder blue Steve to come to play with him so he decided to go entertain himself. As he was wandering aimlessly he caught sight of a red Steve, he looked like he was deep in concentration. So he thought he could sneak up behind him and scare him. He crept closer and closer trying his best not to make too much noise, he was about 3 blocks away when red steve noticed he was being stocked.
"Don't you even think about it!" He said and he turned to look at rainbow Steve
"How did you know I was here I thought I was being sneaky?"
"Please you're the only steve that is brave sneak up on me also should you be with blue Steve or I guess it's elder blue Steve now?"
"Yeah but he's really busy at the moment so can we play?"
"Well, I'm going on patrol soon if you want to come with me?"
"REALLY that so cool I'd love to!"
"Except you can't!",A voice interrupted them. They looked up to see a purple Steve standing right behind them.
"Can you please not do that it really creeps me out.", red Steve said with a slight sound of disease in his voice.
"I'm a purple steve and you expect me not to teleport that's like saying red Steve hate red stone."
"Fair point, but back on the topic at hand why can't rainbow Steve go on patrol with me?"
"Because it's dangerous and the nightmare king is still at large AND You can't defend you're and his life when he attack's!"
"So come with us!", rainbow Steve said happily, "It'll be fun!"
"Well", purple steve hesitate, "Ok I guess you may go if I tag along"
Rainbow Steve excitedly jumps into purple Steve's arms, thank him and ran off to get something before they left.
Red Steve look over and was surprised to see purple Steve holding back some tears!
"What the heck is wrong with you!"
"Nothing...."
"WOW that was the worst lie I've ever seen!"
"Why do you care?"
"Look, I know that I'm not the best person when it comes to touchy-feely things but I can still listen!"
"He just reminds me so much of my elder purple Steve."
"I hear ya there, every time I look into his eyes I can see my elder red steve looking back at me."
"Really?"
"HEY Guys I'm back!"
They looked over to see rainbow Steve running towards them waving a stick in the air.
"What that for!?"
"It my weapon, so I can defend myself"
Purple Steve couldn't help but laugh at red steve who was trying his best to process what just happened
"Still see elder red steve in him" purple Steve said testing red Steve's patients. Red Steve responded with a death glare then got up and walked away.
"Well are we going or are you just going to stand there"
"Ok ok We're coming can't you red Steve's take a joke"

Nightmare king Watched as rainbow Steve ran after the two other Steve's "I want him alive"
"What about the other two?" Dark steve said while he pulled out his sword
"Do what needed to be done,"
"As you wish my lord"