Chapter 12 growth

It's had been a while since we've seen any activity from nightmare steve. Not that anyone of us was complaining or anything it was just strange...
During this time we didn't waste a single moment, we gathered resources, prepared food and medical supplies, and trained Rainbow Steve to the best of our ability's. I was honestly surprised to find out how much Rainbow loved to learn, no book was safe from him and if there was anything he wanted to know he found out. Like how Steve used to have there own personal names that were given to them by the elders. Outstanding quality for a blue steve but not for a fighter.
.
.
"WHAT!"
"We should at least give him a choice, trust me when I say this he's not a fighter!", Red steve didn't seem to agree with me." look, we shouldn't have to force him to do anything, he's not a weapon, he's a steve like you and me."
"Your right blue, he should have a choice, I can go get him if you like?" I nodded yes and waited for his return. Red and I became close in this time as well, me being a blue steve I didn't have as strong of a voice and often stumbled on my words when I got nervous but red Steve had a very loud and outspoken voice. So he ended up being my second I command.
"You wanted to see me, sir?"I look to see a young Rainbow Steve he was no more then 12 may be followed by red Steve.
"Yes I did, as you are fully aware there is a war going on that seem to be under a cease-fire at the moment so now would be a good time for you to run away and have a chance to live a normal life. If that what you want?" Red steve fallow it up with, "Keep in mind there will be no other opportunity like this."
Rainbow Steve eyes widened, an opportunity to leave all this behind would be a dream but like all dreams, you eventually wake up.
"How can I leave when Everyone's lives are at stack! I'm not letting anyone else die." Red steve chimed in saying
"But you so little what makes you think that you can make a difference when many Elders trued and failed?" At first, I felt like scolding red Steve for being so rude but I realized that he was trying to see Rainbow Steve reasons for fighting!
"Look, I may not be a hero, but someone has to stop nightmare steve, and we can't afford to wait for heroes to show up!"
"Thank you, Rainbow Steve, you are dismissed." He left and the room fell silent.
"Your right, he's would be a good blue Steve's, but he has a fire of a red that will consume anything it touches."
.
.
.
!
"It's is time to strike."