Chapter 14

I followed red steve as he led me through the burning camp, trying our best not to be spotted by the corrupted Steve's. We Searched for any Steve and made sure we got them just outside of the camp before taking them to the cave.
"All right everyone stay low, I'm going to do a quick head to count see who's missing." I felt kind of weird, it was like I could sense everyone feeling, they all were tired and in pain. Grief was the only word that came to mind, there suffering gave him grief.
.
.
I saw Rainbow Steve wasn't looking too good, I reached out my hand to comfort him. He flinched, why did he flinch? I thought to myself I'm not going to hurt you.
"Hey, are you Ok?"
"Hmmm..oh.um..I'm fine."
"You sure?"
"Yes, red I'm fine. Did you finish counting the Steve's?"
"Yes, so there's seven of us in total, not counting blue Steve, we are missing two Steve's!"
"Wait how many Green Steve's do we have?"
"We have three."
"I only see one."
I looked again and he was right there was only one. I was about to ask if we should just head to the cave of search for the green Steve's but he was already gone. I swear this kid is going to get himself killed one day!
.
.
The smoke was so much worse and it was making it difficult to breathe not to mention see! I made my way to the medbay and when I was just outside I heard glasses shattering. Instinctively I got low and when I got to a window, I tried to see what was going on in there. It was a corrupted Red Steve and he had trapped our medic in the corner while he was breaking all the bottles of healing and regeneration. He's destroying our healing and medical supplies I thought to myself.
"what are you doing!", I quickly turned around right to punch anyone who was there. "Whoa easy there? It's me, Red Steve."
"Sorry....you scared me."
"It's fine, what's the situation?"
"It's a corrupted red Steve and he has one of the green Steve. I can try to reach the second story window then try to drop behind him and you go in get the Green Steve then get out of there."
"I like at plan, but I'm going to be the one that fighting the red steve, you help get the green steve out of here."
"But you can't use your abilities!"
"You think that's stopping me?" I sigh and shack my head no and I helped Red Steve to the second story then made my way to the front of the house. When Red Steve caught the corrupted off guard, he was able to distract him long enough for me to get the green steve out of there. We made it to the group outside of the camp. The poor green steve was still shaking from the near-death experience. I sat him down and he buried his face with his hands.
"Hey..." I said in a soft voice, trying to Comfort him, "everything is going to be all right.. thing will get better I promise."
"You really should make promises you can't keep." He looked even sadder than before.
"Your right, I'm not the one that decides that things will get better, But we can still try!"
He looked back at me, his face dirty from the smoke and where his tears had cleaned his cheeks.
"Thanks, Rainbow Steve I need to hear that."