XII

I woke up next to Poe and felt a light kiss on my forehead. I stared into his brown eyes and him into mine. "My mother is going to want me to go with Rey."

He sighed, "I know but you need to be prepared to take on your brother."

"but that means months away from you." I curled against his chest and let my head rise and fall. 

A soft knock came from the door, "You in there Aayla?"

I scolded myself and lightly responded to the other side, "Yes mom!"

"You are clear to leave with Rey in an hour. Oh and Poe, I suggest you evacuate as well, the whole base is leaving in two."

I waited until I couldn't hear her footsteps to pick up my clothes from the floor and put them on. "I'll say goodbye in thirty."

He stretched, "I'll meet you at your ship."

"My ship?"

He smiled, "Your mother pulled some strings to get your own other than the falcon."

I was excited, I would finally be a pilot. "Where will it be?"

"Next to the falcon most likely."

I smiled, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I jumped on the bed to hug him and then went back to my room. I stared at my bed and gathered the few belongings and clothes I had. I got changed and folded my mother's dress. I walked to her room and knocked. She opened it, seeing the dress and smiling, "Keep it."

My eyes widened, "Are you serious? Why would I-"

"Because, you can pass it to your children in the future."

I smiled and hugged her before putting it in my suitcase. She followed me to the falcon and I saw Poe leaning against my very own ship. I squealed in excitement, dropping my bag and hugging him. The ship was pure white with a black and green stripe on its side. At the end of the stripe the words SOLO were placed. I hugged my mother and thanked them. I put my bag in the falcon and was handed a traditional orange jumpsuit and white helmet with a green and black stripe.

Before I went to put it on, Poe stopped me. He took off his black jacket and handed it to me, "I don't want you to forget me."

I scoffed, "Poe, it's only a few days, how could I. How do you even have any jackets left between me and Finn?"

He laughed, "It's only two jackets."

We kissed for a few seconds before my mother coughed. I pulled back, and walked to her, hugging tightly. Before I pulled away from her hug she whispered, "I'm expecting children."

"Mom!" I screamed before letting go. She smiled and I put the jumper on over my leggings and tank top. I put Poe's jacket on my seat and sat down, putting my helmet on. I gave them both a thumbs up before jumping into light speed, the falcon following me.

We arrived at the beautiful but windy planet. I jumped from my aircraft with Poe's jacket, taking off my helmet and jumper, putting it on the seat. I sensed him almost immediately but for some reason I don't believe he sensed me and Rey.

Rey and I followed our senses and didn't speak the entire time. We got to the top of a hill and approached him. He was cloaked and he turned around, revealing his aged face. He noticed me and Rey. Rey put the saber out for him and he walked forward, examining it before throwing it behind me. I almost laughed. This is what we came for?

He walked past me, "You shouldn't of come." he whispered to me. 

Rey follows him, "Master Skywalker!"

We follow him to a hut where he closes a metal door. "Master Skywalker? I'm from the Resistance. Your sister Leia sent me. We need your help." There was no response. "Hello?"

 I shake my head, "I was afraid of this, find the saber and I'll find Chewie."

She walks opposite of me and I walk to the falcon, "Chewie! Luke needs you!" I yell and he comes out of the ship, following me to his hut. Rey reunites with us and Chewie bursts the door open. Luke looks at us startled, "What are you-?! Chewie? What are you doing here?"

Chewie moans and Rey speaks, "He said you're coming back with us." I was pretty sure Luke knew wookie but whatever. 

"How did you find me?" He pointed to me, "I know she knew but she would never tell."

I shrugged, "Don't worry I didn't."

"Long story we'll tell you in the Falcon."

"Falcon? Wait. Where is Han?" He looked at me and I looked to the ground in sadness. I started out of the hut and Luke followed, "Aayla, you don't mean to tell me?"

I only nodded and bit my lip to avoid tears. Rey cut in, "There is no light left in Kylo Ren. He's only getting stronger. The First Order will control all the major systems within weeks. We need your help. We need the Jedi Order back. We need Luke Skywalker."

"You don't need Luke Skywalker." Deep down, I kind of agreed with him."

"Did you hear a word I just said?" Asked Rey.

"You think what? I'm gonna walk out with a laser sword and face down the whole First Order? What did you think was going to happen here? Do you think that I came... To the most unfindable place in the galaxy for no reason at all? Go away."

He starts walking away and Rey follows. I shake my head, returning to the Falcon.