I

Disclaimer/Author's note:
I wrote this when I was 14/15 and I had no clear plot line at the time. There may be plot holes and I am going to be editing it pretty heavily. The chapters (Such as this one) That are rewritten will have a bold print in the bottom saying so :)  Also thank you for 30k <3

I walked up to my brother, his big brown eyes looking down on me with pity. He smiled lightly and grasped me into a warm hug, his large arms holding me hostage. We pulled away and I looked up to him, "I don't want you to leave me again." I told him.

He smiled lightly, "I will never leave you Aayla, you're my best friend."

I rolled my eyes. "Tell Uncle Luke that."

He chuckled lightly and pretended to imitate him and gave me a hard look, "'You must harness the force and look for the light. You are destined for peace.' Blah blah. He just doesn't want the Jedi to die and sees relationships as distractions."

"Tell that to mom." I stated.

I looked past his shoulder at Uncle Luke who stood impatiently, his stern look upon us. I rolled my eyes, "I guess that's your cue to leave."

He turned around and his mouth came together to a frown, "I'm sorry I won't be there for your birthday party."

I shrugged, "It is what it is. At least you care. I'll see you soon, Ben."

He started walking but turned around, "Aayla," I looked in question as he continued, "may the force be with you."

I smiled as he turned away to enter the ship full of force users being sent to a training camp with my Uncle. Ben knew of my power and so did the whole family, but my mother wants me to be her exact-her next in line. I used to play around with the force and Ben would help but my mother never approved. My dad didn't give two shits about what I did; which was why I liked him. My Uncle resented my mother's choice, he thought it would make me a strong leader and almost invincible against threats.

I watched the ship leave from the platform and turned to walk to my quarters on the North side. When I entered my room, I noticed the dress hanging on my closet door and scoffed.

I hated how we had to dress up for parties. I wanted to be equal to our once large rebellion. I stepped into the form fitting white silk dress decorated from the bottom with gold flowers. I take my brown curls out of my braid and straighten it so my hair would be to my waist. I put on light gold eye shadow and concealed the few pimples and blemishes on my face.

When I finished I put on my heels in which added height to my shorter frame. I opened the door to see my father waiting at the side of my door.

He smiled in an instant. "First we send Ben off to some weird magic camp and now my baby is grown up."

I rolled my eyes and joined elbows with him, "I am only eighteen dad, it's not like I'm getting married or anything."

"God save the man who marries you."

I hit him lightly with my free arm and he chuckled lightly. "You're just like your mother." He stated.

"That's because she made me her. I wish I could be how you were when you were young; flying around the galaxy and doing dangerous activities and getting into risks that make your adrenaline rush."

"Believe me," he scoffed, "I'd rather be here, it's safe and loving. The people involved with me were cold and greedy-except Chewie of course."

"I need to find my own Chewie." I stated.

"You have Ben; he's hairy and loud."

I laughed. "He may be my Chewie but he is also my brother. I need an actual friend."