Chapter 24

No way I was going to ask him

No way I was going to ask him. I could sleep naked, right?
It's not like I haven't done that before many times. Of course I could sleep naked. It wasn't that big of a deal.

But what if Diego stormed into my room for some reason, finding me butt naked? That would be uncomfortable.

But I just couldn't ask him! I was too proud to do that! And what would I say? He would ask why right away. And what about other nights ahead? What about those in Hawaii? I couldn't walk around naked in front of him!

I was going to kill Lillian for what she's done! I knew I should have packed myself by my own and not let Lillian in charge. She was so eager to do so and I knew something was up but I just didn't care enough to find out.

And now I found out why! I shouldn't have trusted her with this!

Groaning loudly, I looked at the contests of my suitcase in pure misery. Everything was okay with my clothes, those were not the problem, my usual style. The problem was that I had no pajamas, no bathrobes, nothing to sleep in whatsoever.

Oh sorry...I had, but not what I'd normally choose if I weren't planning on seducing someone.

My suitcase was filled with all kinds of lacy and overly elaborated lingerie, see-through negligee, and all other stuff meant for hot-hot nights aka for a real honeymoon! And there was nothing real about this one!

I cried out loud in agony, eagerly searching through my suitcase to find anything normal. Suddenly, the door swung open and Diego stormed in, making me jump away but not before I managed to shut the suitcase in order for him to not see the contents.

"What's happening?" He sounded worried, looking around the room in alert before his eyes landed on me.

"You okay?" He asked, running his eyes up and down my nearly naked body.

Well, totally naked if you don't count that towel I was squeezing tightly so it wouldn't fall. It wasn't even a cover since it was barely reaching halfway to my thighs.

Apparently, it did not bother Diego whatsoever, since his eyes didn't leave my body at all. He didn't even try to be discreet about it. He was totally checking me out!

"Ehm." I cleared my throat, feeling slightly uncomfortable under his gaze. "Do you mind?"

Diego shook his head slowly. "No." His eyes still not looking into mine but somewhere lower.

Then it was as if somebody slapped him as his eyes snapped to my own, probably realizing himself. "I mean, what happened? I heard screaming." He said, his voice sounding a bit hoarsely.

"Nothing." I replied too quickly. "I just thought a spider was scrawling up my arm so I freaked out but it was just my hair." I came up with an explanation, taking a hold of a strand of my hair. "See?" I said, showing him the strand of my hair. "It gives me shivers even talking about those creatures and this just tickled me and that's why I screamed."