Chapter 15

I was standing in a mirrored hall that was located at the end of our garden, staring at my reflection

This place was built just for me and yet, I haven't been here in ages. Ever since my brother left.

I don't know where I've got the courage from, but I took off my ankle boots and socks, took off my coat as well as my black hoodie and let loose my hair to my waist from high ponytail.

After throwing all of my stuff to the corner of this spacious room as well as my backpack, I walked over to the audio player to turn it on.

At the sound of those first tones of piano, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in and out.

Music, to me, was like turning back the clock, traveling and returning to a previous life. First, full of warmth and happiness and later, full of agony and lose. I embraced the music and in turn the music took control. I found myself in a different world. A world of pain from losing the loved one.

My movements flowed with a dazzling grace that used to take away the breath of every person watching me. I used to feel my soul becoming one with the music and I unleashed my emotions into my dance every time. I used to need this as badly as I needed to breath.

My entire body started to move with a purposeful clarity. With each stride I made, it became more painfully obvious how much heart I used to put into my routines and how punishing it was for me, dancing without him.

Fortunately, no one could see the tears I let roll down my pale cheeks.

It was my dream to become a professional dancer. My brother was the one who convinced me to go and attend dancing classes. Since he was the first one who noticed and since I didn't want to go alone, he attended with me.

Soon, it became our passion and we danced every day, since the day one. Later, I was noticed by Juilliard and they offered me a scholarship. I was just sixteen then, but I took the opportunity and attended until my brother left me.

Kicking my right leg forward with pointed toes and flexed calf muscles, I pivoted in a revolving whirl of sharp precision and accurate grace.

The entirety of my being began advancing in movement with purposeful clarity and absolute control. I continued my dance, in synchrony with the music.