Chapter 7: Interrogation With Patches

Chapter 7: Interrogations With Patches

I've been waiting for what I'm guessing an hour. Getting impatient, I start yelling.

"Yo! We gonna do this or what?" Nothing. "Oh c'mon guys, I got places to be, things to do!" I start laughing towards the end of that sentence. Even I don't believe that.

"Okay, maybe that last one wasn't true. But still! Let's get this show on the road!" At that, I hear a beep and click of the door unlocking. In walks a large black man with an eye patch. He wears all black, leather clothing and is glaring down at me. Waiting for him to speak, I say,

"Sup." He smiles and sits down across from me.

"Well, I get a call in the middle of the night telling me that the masked criminal, Viper, is planning to meet with the people who hired her. So naturally I call some of my best guys. Next th-"

"I'm sorry," I interrupt him, "a 96 year-old soldier, arrogant narcissist, psyco-bitch, and Katniss wannabe are your best guys?"

"Yes, and from what I hear, you're arrogant and quite the pysco-bitch yourself. Next thing I know I get a distress signal from the Iron Man suit. See, you actually had me thinking my team couldn't catch you. Thankfully though, my executive decision of bringing in Spider Man was what caught you." I smirk. Is this gut for real? I look to the window behind him, which I'm guessing is double sided glass, and raise my eyebrows.

"Executive decision? As in, no one wanted Sticky Fingers here?"

"It was hard enough getting them to work as a team the first time. When I suggested another team member and all hell broke loose." I nod understandingly.

"Alright Ms. Leiton," Patches continues, "What is the diamond for?"

"I don't know" I say blankly. I could see Spangles rolling his eye at me now. He looks at me as if it was a joke.

"That's one of the things I was going to find out tonight. Unfortunately your uh... quote team got in the way." I would have done air quotes but, handcuffs.

"What do you mean, 'find out'? You don't know why you stole the diamond or for who?"

"I stole it for Simon Decker, and no. It's best not to ask questions, learned that the hard way. Not until the trade at least. It's amazing how edgy these people get when you're holding what they asked for in your hands." I answer him.

"So you're telling me, you just steal for fun?" Patches asks.

"No, of course not, they do pay me and this was a good deal."

"What did this Simon Decker offer you?"

"The price of the diamond plus an extra 50,000 dollars."

"That is very generous." Patches continues, "So even though you know what the object is for, you still give it to you employers?"

"Not necessarily, if it really is bad, then I leave and sell it through the black markets. I make sure it has no trace and I always have an escape plan from the trade location. I almost didn't come to the new one you organized, but it was a roof a few blocks away, so I decided against my gut. Obviously that was a mistake." I explain.

"Well obviously," Patches repeats. "Did who this Simon Decker was working for?"

"No, again, I was planning on figuring that out tonight. And, yes, if it was a terrorist organization, or something along those lines, I would have backed out of the deal." He just sits there, staring at me blackly. "Why are you asking me these questions anyway? Can't you just ask Decker?"

"We don't have him in custody." Patches states like it's obvious.

"What? You let him go?"

"He didn't have a record, and seemed pretty harmless."

"Why was he so beaten when he was on the roof?"

"I said he was harmless, not weak. He still needed a little persuading and Captain Rogers did a fantastic job of doing that." We sit there in silence, and I look at the glass. Didn't think Spangles could do something like that. I look back to Patches and await more questions.

"Why the mask?" he finally asks.

"The same reason you wanted Starks identity a secret. I still wanted a normal life."

"We wanted to make a business inquiry with Stark before the world knew. Stark is now a hero from his mask. You're an assassin."

"True, but I'm also a mercenary and if I recall correctly, Patches, you have 2 assassins on your team of heroes. Oh, and what is your actual name?"

"Nick Fury, and Black Widow and Hawkeye saved the world last year. They also get critical information for SHIELD and their other employers. They only kill when they need to." Nick Fury explains.

"So do I! I only kill the target if it's absolutely necessary. In this case, my target was a diamond. I could have killed those 2 guards, but I didn't and I know I didn't because I saw them being put into the ambulance." Fury processes this.

"Well, Ms. Leiton, thank you for admitting to being an assassin and mercenary."

"Your own team is full of assassins and mercenaries! Besides it's not like it was that big of a secret. I kind of leave all cameras on, hell, I even look at them!" I shout standing, "Look Patches, the trench coat and eye patch don't scare me and trust me when I say I've seen worse. Your so called Avengers are just like me. You're just too blind to see it." No pun intended. Both of us now standing, Fury walks out of the room without a second glance. I stare at my reflection, hopefully I', staring at someone behind it or else I look like a loon right now. Seconds later the door opens again and Fury is with 2 agents.

"These men, Ms. Leiton, are your escorts to your cell." He says gesturing to the, very large men standing in front of me.

"Cell?" I ask, my voice slightly shaking. I haven't been in a cell in 5 years.

"Yes, we can't just let you go. We do have more questions, but it's almost midnight and you've already cost me my beauty sleep 2 nights in a row." He says sarcasm induced.

"Right." I say still nervous and let the 2 men guide me out of the room and down the hall. After walking through several corridors, Fury finally stops and unlocks and opens a door. I hear footsteps coming towards us, but ignore it and curve my head around the door frame. There's one single cot and a small window at the top of the back wall. It looks just like my old one, except smaller. The edges of my vision grow black and I'm getting dizzy. I try to breathe some fresh air, but my lings are smacked with the musk filled air I inhaled in Paris. The last thing I remember is falling onto Nick Fury and him screaming into his earpiece.

A/N: Alright guys, I was gonna do this tomorrow, but figured you all deserved a new chapter. So, what the hell happened at the end there with Jade? Did she give away too much information to Fury?

Well, I'm gonna tell you a little bit about what's going on right now. I'm watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 premiere and I don't know what to do with myself. There are literally so many emotions right now, I might have a fangirl attack. Have an ambulance on line, cause I am probably gonna need it.

The picture attached is Patches as Jade likes to say or Nick Fury as everyone else calls him.

There's also a cast! Ya you all probably knew who played who, but there will be several characters added so keep your eye on it!

Alright, I thinks that it. Hope the chapter pleases you all! Please vote and comment! They make me smile and laugh and I love replying and talking to all of you!

=_= }{":?>

(Haven't done that in a while...)