Chapter 25: Moment Ruined

*Jade’s POV*

        Considering I’ve just been slammed behind my back, I kinda lost my appetite. I mean, can they honestly think those things about me? No, no, Leiton. Now not the time to feel sorry for yourself. Now’s the time to plan. After maybe an hour of pacing, trying to expel their words from my mind, and focus, I gave in. I’ve let it all out. I asked Jarvis to make my room sound proof and I let loose. I’ve screamed, torn stuff apart, broken things. I released the hell inside of me and completely destroyed my room. I started out pulling my hair, then when I started worrying that I’d actually pull it out, I bumped into the table, and it a vase broke. At the sound, I sadly found ease.

After that, broke every picture, every glass thing in the room. Except the TV. I made sure to steer clear of that. Oh, and I won’t even tell you how much bad luck I’ve required by breaking mirrors, but at this rate I never really had “good luck.” When everything that I could break by throwing it against the wall or floor, I picked up one of the glass shards and ripped into the chairs and couch in my room. Then when my right hand started bleeding, I switched to my left and ripped apart the comforter and curtains. So, all in all, you could say I was pissed and that their comment may or may not have brought up some bad memories. I just couldn’t keep all of this anger in me anymore. This took me about 3 hours. Now I’m sitting on my slightly blood stained bed using some of the shredded sheets the wrap my bleeding hands and willing myself to simply breathe and not cry. I’ve done plenty of that today. When I finish wrapping my left hand, I take one last deep breath to fully calm down.

Now, I just need to think… Well, Banner said I reminded him of a teenager… And they all agreed I had my head up my ass… then there’s Rogers… He thinks I’m some arrogant birch that can’t get her shit together… I’m not gonna lie, I do have my moments, but everyone does. They just think they’re perfect because they’ve saved people and were deemed “super heroes.” Well if they think I’m some arrogant teenage bitch who can’t pull her head out of her ass and get shit done, then fine. I’ll show them just that. Now I didn’t have the most normal teenage girl life, you know the shopping and fangirling, yeah, no, it was more like assassinating, but hey, I’m sure I can figure it out. The plan begins to form in my head and I go over supplies I’ll need. Most of it is at my apartment, so first things first, how do I get out of here without being noticed?

            “Might I suggest your rocket boots, Miss?” Jarvis says. Damn… I completely forgot about him… And I thought out loud again. Now I actually don’t mind it, yeah it’s annoying, but when I start thinking my plans out loud, that’s where I draw the line. But we’ll get to that later.

            “Uh, Jarvis, how much did you hear?” I ask the air.

            “Only that you wish to leave undetected… And to be quite frank, I don’t blame you. Especially after that episode you had.”

            “What? And for the record, they caused said episode.”

            “Mr. Stark and the rest of the Avengers were in no place to say those things about you, Ms. Leiton-”

            “Jade.” I correct.

            “My apologies, Jade. What they said was below even Mr. Stark’s occasional comment. So if you wish to leave, I suggest you use the rocket boots that are currently on your feet. I will also neglect to tell the Avengers and Mr. Parker that you have left.”

            “Just the Avengers. If Peter asks where I am, just tell him I went to my apartment to get some things.”

            “Of course Miss.” Jarvis agrees without a second thought.