Chapter 32: He (Hawkeye) Talks In This One

*Sizzle, sizzle* Mmmmm… Bacon… I willfully creak my eyes open and stretch slightly, while still laying down. I look to my right and see the clock reads 8:16 a.m. Then I look to my left and see the windows in my room are tinted to block out the sun. As I sit up though, the windows slowly brighten. I stretch again and release a small morning moan while pulling my legs closer.

            “Good morning Jade. It is 8:16 a.m. on September 12th. The temperature for today includes a high of 72 degrees and a low of 59 degrees. Wind temperatures and speeds to be low; it should be beautiful day.” Jarvis greets.

            “Morning Jarvis. You think you could tell me the temperature of the Atlantic to add to the equation of how beautiful today will be?” I say with a smirk while closing my eyes once again for a brief moment.

            “The temperature of the Atlantic Ocean is rang-”

            “Kidding.” I cut him off.

            “Of course Miss.” I push the covers off myself and walk to the window.

            “Man it’s already September? A couple weeks ago it was summer.” I say standing in front of the windows.

            “Yes that does appear to be how the seasons operate.” Jarvis replies, rather sarcastically.

           “Okay, now I believe that Metal Head constructed you.” I say while making my way across the room and to the bathroom. As my reflection enters the mirror, I look down at my attire. I had changed into the leggings for training and a white, loose tank top Jarvis provided. Taking the same brush I had used after my shower, I rake it through my bed head. Releasing a yawn, I give a tired salute to my reflection and tread out of the room, my nose leading me to the bacon. I look down the hall and see Tony’s door slightly gaped. I’m tempted to see if he’s still sleeping but quickly recall the giggling from that direction around 11 o’clock last night and decide against it. Steve’s door though is wide open, so he must be awake. Considering his bed is perfectly made. I give another big yawn and stretch as I turn and enter the kitchen. As I walk in, I see Steve, and I think Pepper and Tony sitting on the couch. Tony though looks taller and Pepper seems more blonde… Huh, I thought she was more of a ginger, but whatever. Still stretching, I lift my arms above my head and actually feel a pop in my back. As I walk to the coffee machine, another yawn comes on. The yawn drawing out, I pour myself a cup and lean against the counter. Giving my head a little shake after the yawn, I notice a figure at the table. After taking a sip of coffee and getting up to walk to the couch, I tiredly wave and say, “Good morning.” *Mental scoff* Who even owns orange pajamas? Clint probably.

           Walking to the couches, I see the other three looking at me and as I’m realizing Steve has brown hair, an incredibly gruff and so not Clint’s voice says, “Mornin’” My eyes spring open and I whirl towards the table. As casual as ever, a very recognizable giant orange rock person sits at the table. “What? You never see a guy eat his bacon before?” The Thing says. Looking away from him, I gingerly set my cup on the counter bar. I hold up my finger and mouth ‘one sec’ to Rock for Brains (literally) and look over at the couches. Taking baby steps towards them, I do in fact see The Invisible Women, Mr. Fantastic, and the Human Torch on the couch. Awesome. And seriously, if you haven’t gotten that that was etched with sarcasm, re-read a few chapters for me. Standing at the back of the couch, I look at them with disbelief.

           Mr. Fantastic clears his throat and stands. “Hi, you may not know who we are, but Director Fury called us in to help the Avengers train you.” I look him up and down, slacks, button down, and all, with wide eyes.