Chapter 14: Well That's New Information

Chapter 14: Well That’s New Information

            Landing at 10:43 am, I ditch the jet. I knew there was a tracking device in it so I landed in Buffalo to send them off my trail. Then I used my boots and flew back to New York City. Landing on the roof of my building I step inside and sigh as I lean on the door. I look down the hallway and run to my door. I didn’t really have my keys, so I ended up breaking into my own apartment by picking the lock. I close the door and walk to my bed. I throw my mask down and walk into the bathroom to shower.

            After my shower, I put on sweats and a t-shirt. I put all of my gear away and fall onto my couch. After about 20 minutes of nothing I realize it’s only noon. I can’t just sit around all day, but I can’t go out… I should keep a low profile for a while, you never know when Big Bird will want to go to the book store again, or if Spangles will go get a cup of coffee. I never thought about super heroes being normal people. You’d think saving the world took up most of their time, but Peter obviously throws that theory out the window. I mean, how did he juggle school, Spidey, and a social life? Well he didn’t have that much of a social life… It basically consisted of me and then Gwen, so I guess he had enough time. That’s why he would get so weird! We would be hanging out and then all of a sudden he’d start freaking out saying he needed to go get eggs or something. If I ever see Peter again, I’ll have to ask him about Spider Man. That is if he isn’t shooting webs at my face. While sitting on the couch, I hear my stomach rumble. I look down at it and say,

            “Oh, right, my body requires nutrients.” I get up and walk into the kitchen. I open the fridge and look inside. There’s a couple apples, ¼ of a loaf of bread, a pint of orange juice and some mustard. What, I don’t even like mustard? I grab the orange juice, screw off the cap and smell it.

            “Whoa!” I shout as I recoil back from it. Man this is ripe! I pour out the orange juice and toss the carton in the trash. I then look in the cabinets around the kitchen. I find peanut butter, Cheerio’s, and several granola bars. I will have to go out to get more food, but for now I’ll see what I can do with what I have. I go back to the fridge and grab the bread and apples. I cut the apple into slices, grab the peanut butter and spread it across the bread. I then place the apple slices on the bread and put the other piece of bread on top of it, completing my sandwich. I take a bite and say,

            “Not bad Leiton.” I sit down with my sandwich and grab my laptop. I figure I can do some digging on Spider Man and maybe learn more about the Avengers and SHIELD. I hack into SHIELD’s database, which took a bit more time than desired, and began searching. Let’s just hope they don’t detect and track me back here.

***

            After about 4 hours of digging, I find out Spidey came around 2 years ago; about the time his uncle was murdered. It seems we both took on out alternate identities about then. I also found out that he fought the Lizard and saved New York, potentially the world, from becoming the Geico Gecko themselves. Unfortunately for me I wasn’t around for the action, I was actually on my first mission. It seems like Peter made several enemies, Lizard, Rhino, Green Goblin. That explains why he was late to his graduation. I remember laughing while May shook her head in disapproval as Peter made out with Gwen in front of everyone. It was hilarious.

            After looking through Spidey’s profile I decided to look through the Avengers files. I had already gone through them when New York happened, to see what was really going on. SHIELD cleaned it up and made a cover story so quick, I got curious. Looking through their files, I find Spangles. Before it just said that he was part of a super soldier program that took place during 1943 and it was led by Howard Stark. It had all of his HYDRA history, whatever that is, recruitment files, 5 of them, and even a picture when he was all scrawny. Now there was also information about a woman named Peggy Carter. She looks really pretty, but I couldn’t find a connection other than her being an agent in Caps troop. Then I look at Starks. Last time I saw it, it said he was kidnapped for 3 months by guys his business partner and family friend, Obadiah Stane, hired and also he fought a guy named Whiplash who created knock off Iron Man drones with funding from Justin Hammer. Whiplash was crazy, Hammer was power hungry, Stark was the hero. There was also information on him discovering a new element for his arc reactor. Well re-discovering it, his dad had already discovered it, just didn’t have the technology to physically create it. Now there was information about the Mandarin and how it was all an act. The real terrorist was a scientist, Aldrich Killian who was some dude Stark met at a party in the late 90’s. Metal Head being the dick he is never met with him and the psycho this guy was had all that time to build his rage and plot against the “genius” billionaire. I swear Stark is just like Jimmy Neutron in creating his own problems.

         I may have been a slave, but that show was my shit as a kid. There’s really nothing on Banner, just that he tried to recreate Rogers’ steroids in a failed attempt and, you know, that he levled Harlem a couple years ago. Again, wasn't here for that. Thor didn’t have a file last time, but now there’s all this info about New York, a girl named Jane Foster, a scientist named Eric Selvig, and his brother Loki. Mmm… I don’t care if Loki tried to take over the world, he’s hot. In fact it makes him hotter that he tried to take over Earth or Midgard according to the Asgardians. There’s also a bunch of crap about the aether and these things called Dark Elves. I’ll have to do some research about Norse myth to see the history of Thor and Loki and Asgard. In Thor’s file there is an attached file labeled “CLASSIFIED”. Okay, when they put that on something, I just gotta look at it. I click on the file, hack through the security, and begin reading. Battle of New York, blah blah, Mjolnir, whatever that is, Tesseract, whatever, God of Thunder, yeah ye- wait. Tessereact. What the hell is the Tesseract and what does it have to do with the Battle of New York? I go to the Tesseract and begin reading.

            I read the file and see that the Tesseract is like a cosmic cube of pure energy that Loki used to power a machine that created a portal to space. This portal let in the aliens, the Chitauri, that attacked New York. Apparently, the Tesseract is also connected to Cap. Red Skull, founder and leader of HYDRA, still don’t know what that is, not important, used it to create weapons for mass destruction and good ol’ Captain America sauntered on in and stopped it all. (Note the sarcasm.) After New York, Thor took the Tesseract and Loki back to Asgard. Well, that was new information, glad I looked into it. I glance at Widow’s and Hawkeye’s files, but they haven’t changed. Russian mercenary who was captured and gone good with a bad boy who’s a loose cannon that carries around a bow. That’s why I dislike them so much, and dislike is putting is very lightly. They think they’re better than me when they’re exactly the same. I close my laptop in disgust, making both of their files go black. I walk into the kitchen and then remember my fridge can't magically teleport food into it. Sighing, I walk back to my room and change into jeans, a green hoodie and white converse. I grab my black book bag and toss money, keys and such inside. I pull my hair out of the hoodie and let it fall over my face. I walk out onto the street with my head down hoping I won’t be noticed by some super hero or vigilantly out for a stroll.  

A/N: Ok so I know this is a relativley short chapter, but I will update in a couple of days to make up for it. This is also just a filler chapter, but I wanted to show that she knows quite a lot about the Avengers and now Spider Man. Jade also isn't much of a fan of Hawkeye and Black Widow... She also doesn't really know what HYDRA is and I mean, she isn't really suppost to at this point cause like I said it's about a year or so before Winter Soldier.

Oh, and some of you are probably wondering how Jade is so good at hacking when she didn't really grow up with that kind of stuff. Well, she kinda did. Now, I'm not gonna go into detail cause that'd ruin the story, but I will say that she picked up a few things from the people that took her and that expanded when Jade became Viper.   

The picture attached is one of the tattoos Jade mentions while still in SHIELD custody. I'll be posting pictures of her tattoos and maybe peircings as we go through the book. Also if you aren't really into the tattoos, piercings, and punk edit kind of stuff, I promise it won't be mentioned that much as, again, the story progresses. 

Anywhoo, so what'd you think? It's short ya, but did I summerize everyone's history fairly well? Also, if some of you haven't seen all of the movies... sorry if I spoiled it... But I hope to talk to you in the comments and next update!! Please vote and remeber I will always talk to you guys!! 

=_= }{":?>