Chapter eleven

Začať od začiatku

“Is this what happen all the time?” He asked rising an eyebrow while jutting his chin out to the girl. 

“Some times, but its nice. I like talking to them.” I said with a genuine smile. 

“ I could tell.” Just as I was ask how he could tell the girl returned with two pairs of shoes. 

“Here are your shoes! That will be $12.” She said placing the shoes on the counter. I reached into my bag to pay when David grabbed my arm and gave me a shocked look.

“You didn’t think I would make you pay, did you?” He said looking a little offended. I didn’t know what to say because I felt whatever I say at this moment would make me look like an idiot. David’s shocked face then turned into one of amusement.

“I’m just messing with you, Aurora. But I’m still paying.” He pulled out his wallet and give the girl her money. She gladly accepted the money and David and I took our shoes. 

“I hope you have fun, Aurora!” Called the girl after me. I turned and give her a nervous smile, but it looked like I had twitch. David and I made our way to a long wooden bench, where David immediately began lacing up, while I just sat there staring at my skates. By the time David was done putting on his skates I had barely taken off my shoes. 

“Aurora, why haven't you put on your skates?” He asked as his gently placed his hand on my knee. I gulped and looked up at him. 

“What if I say I have never roller-skated before?” David’s eyes went wide and he was just about to laugh when he saw the pleading in my eyes and he covered it up with a cough. 

“Um, you’ve never been roller-skating? I can not believe it. Well don’t worry, its always time to learn something new.” He said as he stood up, but I looked at the ground and the skates. I heard a sigh leave David’s mouth and the next thing I know is he is crouched on the floor, eye level with me. He placed his hand under my chin and lifted my chin, so I was making eye contact with him. 

“You know, Aurora, it’s okay.” 

“No, it’s not okay. I don’t want to go out and make a fool out of myself. Do you know how embarrassing that is?” I ask covering my face with my hands. 

“Aurora, you’re seventeen! Are you really scared of landing on your butt? Everyone does on their first try! I don’t know a single person you has been on roller-skates for the first time and hasn’t fallen.” David said with his arms crossed against his chest. He was definitely not giving up. 

“Fine, but if I fall and everyone points and laughs at me its on you.” I say pulling off my sneakers and placing my sock clad feet in the skates. After lacing them up David offers his hand and I gratefully take it, because there is no way in hell I could stand up in roller skates. He gently pulled me along. It was really weird walking on something that was moving and since I was looking down so much you would except me not to trip, but what did I end up doing? Yes, tripping. My life flashed before my eyes for the second time that day, but a pair of hands grabbed my arms. I had not landed face flat. I was okay. I was still breathing. The two hands that were supporting me belonged to David. I looked up and he had a serious look on his face, but his eyes were calming and reassuring. 

“I will always be there when you’re about to fall, Aurora. No matter what.” And I knew that statement was true. David in the span for two days has already put his trust in me. I’ve never had it in me to trust people, because I always pushed people away in a way to protect myself, because every time I trusted someone they seemed to disappear from my life or ended up hurting me. But David, he barely knew me and was willing to be there for me. That’s true love. When you trust someone to catch you when you’re falling. With a smile, I stood up straighter and grabbed a hold of his arm.