Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen

I was wrapped in something warm and I didn't want to leave this cocoon of warmth, so I further seeked the source of warmth. I scooted forward and felt the source of heat. It was hard and rather big. My mind began to wonder what it was. Was it the sun? Dumbass, really the sun? I mentally slap myself for being so clueless. I slowly opened one eye and looked at the furnace that was providing me with warmth. It was then I came face to face with a chest, but not just any chest, more specifically Theo's chest. I was just about to get up, when his lanky arms wrapped around me, bringing me closer to him them every before. Chest against chest, body against body. My cheeks began to heat up and I looked away. Oh god not the butterflies. When I looked up, I saw Theo's flawless face. His soft eyes meeting the strong jawline while his hair laid messily like a mop on his head. Smiling I brought my hand up to his face and brushed away the hair in his face. God, I was being such a major creepy, but I couldn't help it. I just wanted to lay in his arms like this, not a care in the world, just the two of us.

But it was then that I heard the door to my backyard slide open.

"Theo? Aurora? What are you doing outside? Especially at nine in the morning?" I looked up to find my Dad, arms crossed against his chest, looking at Theo and I. Theo stirred next to me and lazily opened his eyes. Our eyes met and he smiled up at me. I looked away so he wouldn't see the blush that was creeping up into my cheeks. But when he looked up at my Dad his smile shrank a bit.

"Oh, hi Mr.Sitters." He said as he got up from the blankets.

"Hey Theo. Do you mind explaining what you two were doing outside all night?" Wait, all night? We couldn't possible have stayed out all night? I pulled out my phone and checked the time. My Dad was right. I grew ten shades darker as Theo scratched the back of his neck nervously. But I mean, we didn't do anything bad. We were just out talking and then fell asleep that's all.

"Oh, Aurora and I were outside and we just fell asleep," he said, making zero eye connect with my Dad.

"Okay. Just bring in the blankets." My Dad shrugged and went inside. Both Theo and I stood there a bit shocked my Dad didn't yell. He was surprisingly nonchalant about the situation, almost as if he expected this to happen. Theo began to fold the blankets and I set out to help out as well. We began to fold the blankets in what I would call an awkward silence. All I could think about was the fact I slept with my childhood crush. It wasn't like a sleepover where we watched scary movies and switched it off in the first ten minutes, but like actual physical contact. My face, which didn't stop burning bright, probably went up ten degrees. I reached for another blanket, in hope that I can just drape that over my head and forget this whole situation, but at the exact time Theo also reached and our hands touched. Now I don't want to be all cliché, but I really did feel sparks. It was almost like some did those shock pads to my heart. I quickly retreated my hand and looked away.

"Sorry," I mumbled out. I could I be anymore of an awkward bean? Looking over, I saw Theo with that god damn beautiful smile with his eyes crinkling. I literally felt like punching myself because he was so cute.

"It's okay, Aurora. But I better be heading home it was nice spending the night with you." And right as those words left his mouth, Theo instantly regretted his existence.

"No! I didn't mean it like that! What I meant to say was uh.. it was nice.. um.. talking with you last night," he hesitantly put out. I could tell his nervousness and that just made him a billion times cuter than he already was.

"Oh yeah, it was nice too. You better get going." With that, Theo waved goodbye and left through the backdoor. My shoulders slumped and I crumpled to the ground clutching my heart. What was I going to do? I haven't written my romance novel and didn't confess my love to my childhood crush, who was apparently crushing on someone else for the past seven years. It's as if this day could not get any worse. Just as I thought that I heard the thunder and felt the immediate downpour after that. Scurrying, I grabbed all the blankets and rushed inside.

"I see that you and Theo have gotten... closer," I hear my Dad say from the kitchen.

"Honey, cut her some slack! She is reuniting with her first love," David says in response. Both of them wink at me and I once again blush. I couldn't catch a break from these two. Dragging my feet, I made my way upstairs to my bedroom and took a nice shower. As everyone knows the shower is the place to do all of life's contemplation. And so I spent 30 minutes thinking how to get over this one-sided love. It's not like I could stop seeing Theo. As much as that would stop my undying love, I still needed him to write my romance novel. As I was thinking about swerving Theo without actually doing it, I heard a knock on my bathroom door.

"Aurora, your phone has been ringing for like ten minutes. Come out and pick it up," called my Dad from the other side of the door. I quickly turn off the water and wrap a towel around myself and walk into my room. Picking up my phone, there were 3 missed calls from my publisher, Clara. Oh no. Clara rarely calls me unless it's an emergency and I'm assuming this time was a pretty big emergency. Gulping down my fear, I call her back. The ring goes and I pray that she doesn't pick up so I won't know what happened.

"Aurora? Where have you been? I've been calling you for the past ten minutes," She tells me in a stern voice. The fact she wasn't yelling at me made me even more anxious.

"Yeah, I was in the shower. Sorry," I say as I cross my fingers she had only had to tell me about her cats or something nonsensical.

"Okay, well I was calling about the romance novel. I know you only had to have part of the manuscript in by September, but when I told the publishing board this morning they wanted to see some of it by tomorrow afternoon." And in that moment I knew I was screwed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LMAOOOO SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS ,

You guys probably thought I was dead. Nah i was just wrapped up with life,school and figuring wtf I am doing. Anyways I hope you enjoy this about after a whole fucking year. I truely am the worst and honestly this chapter wasn't good, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things so pls cut me some slack. 

thanks for still supporting me even though i suck! 

Love,

Alex