Three

The teacher had finally got to our class and began explaining how everyone had to finish their assignments with their partners by the end of the week. "Oh that's right, Elisabeth or Lisa?" The teacher asked me. "Lisa is fine." I smiled, "Okay hun since you don't have a partner I guess you can join someone's group-"

Someone cleared their throat "I was absent on Friday!" The one and only Jack Gilinsky yelled out.

"That's right, Lisa I suppose you can work with Jack?" She looked at me anxiously.

"Oh," I turned and looked at Jack and quickly looked back,"ok..." Not like I had a choice.

The rest of class went by pretty fast, Shawn and I were packing up when Jack got my phone off the desk and typed something, "Now you have my number and I have ours, tomorrow after school." And with that he walked out.

"Ok?" I spoke to myself.

Shawn grabbed my schedule and frowned.

"We don't have next period together." He sighed. Great.

"Well I guess I'll see you guys at lunch!" I waved Shawn goodbye as we headed separate ways.

***

"Skies are crying, I am watching
Catching tear drops in my hands
Only silence as it's ending
Like we never had a chance
Do you have to make me feel like
There's nothing left of me?

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper..." He slow long ended by running his fingers lightly across the strings of his guitar.

His voice is beautiful.

"I'm not that good but I'm working on it." He sighed.

"What the fuck Shawn! You're not good! You're amazing!" I cheered as I embraced him in a hug.

"Aha, I try." He smiled.

****

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Steph called as we separated, leaving me walking home, and Shawn and Johnson walked the other way home.

The good thing was that school wasn't that far from home, then I would be walking a whole ton. I plugged my earphones into my phone began to listen to my favorite album, Born To Die. It reminded me of Destiny. Destiny and I would always blast Lana while on the drive home from the mall, or just going to get drive thru.

By the time I get home, I unlock the door and throw my things to the ground. The day at school didn't even seem that long. The walk was pretty tiring I'm a senior already, I think I should have enough savings for a car,one thing I actually do need.

I was in the middle of doing my calculus homework when my phone vibrated.

Lisa?

Steph I suppose, I gave her my number during lunch. I responded with my assumption.

Steph?

A minute or so later my phone vibrated once again.

This is Jack, Jack Gilinsky.

Holy shit, I didn't remember, Jack, grabbing my phone.

Oh, ugh, hello, I'm sorry I assumed it was Stephanie.

It's cool.*insert laughing face here*

Soooo, the project, tomorrow after school right? Since everyone else had the weekend to work on it, we should get started unless we want to fail English.

Haha, well if thats the case I suppose I could go over after basketball practice today?

No, its fine, I'll do some research, You're proably really tired after football practice.

nah, its alright send me ur address.

I decided to just send him my address, after all it wouldn't be no harm right? Better for me, I didnt have to be worrying about him slacking off on the project. Usually when I get partners that dont seem interested in the assignment I end up doing the whole thing and just write their name on it.

About an hour later I heard a knock at the door.

I opened the door, and there standing in gym shorts and a cut t shirt was Jack Gilinsky.

"Hey." he casually said, I on the other hand, may have had my jaw on the floor. I mean who wouldn't?

"Hi, uh, come on." I opened the door wider and closed it when we walked in.

"Almost bigger than Cameron's." He laughed.

"Huh?" Wow that probably sounded stupid.

After doing research on Edgar Allan Poe for about 36 minutes or so, "This shit is boring as fuck." he said under this breath, either way I heard it.

"Well it's not meant to be some fun experiment." I got up to get a drink from the fridge.

"Want anything?" I turned around to see him less than a inch from my face.

"If you don't like it, just tell me to stop." His voice, almost seductive, and his face getting closer and closer.

"Jack. Stop." I tried to act like I didn't want that to happen, which I tried to believe myself that I didn't, one night stand Lisa, you'll just be another one.

But he didnt, he just kept getting closer.

Before, I could stop myself I had slapped him across the face.

"What the hell?!" he said as his hand reached his cheek.

"Get out, now." before I knew it he had left, and I stood there still not believeing what I just did.

____________________________

Picture of Jack at basketball practice on the side. I think this is my favorite chapter so far, well there's only three but you know. What did you guys think?