One

"Lisa! Come on it's time to leave!" I heard my mom calling me as I was putting the last of my clothes in a suit case in my room.

Moving day. My mom and dad divorced when I was 4. Then he remarried and moved out of the country. I don't remember much just them arguing all the time. I looked around the room, which has been my room for the last 17 years and sighed. I was going to miss this place. Who wouldn't? Living somewhere practically your whole life and having to move somewhere totally different. Senior year will be a blast, starting off with no friends. Note the sarcasm.

"Lisa! I said to hurry up!" My mom yelled once again.

"I'm coming! I grabbed onto my two suitcases and headed outside.

Soon enough we were at the airport waiting for our flight which was at 4:00pm. It was 2:00pm but my mom said we had to be here early, apparently.

My iphone screen flashed, it was a message from Destiny, my best friend, summing up her text, she wished me the best, and not to lose contact with her.

I'm not your average girl with lots of friends nor the preppy smart girl.

I know what you're thinking, she's the perfect girl with the perfect grades, beautiful blue eyes, and the blonde hair. Well quite the opposite actually, my eyes are a light shade of dog shit, and well I have normal long brown hair. Then recalling I failed 2nd semester finals and my mom wasn't quite happy with that.

I texted back Destiny making sure I mentioned to FaceTime me at least one a week.

"It's time to go." My mom sighed as she stood up.

"Yeah, I'm coming!"

*****

"Welcome Home!" My mom said excitedly as we got off the taxi.

I had my jaw dropped as I stared at the house in awe. It was a huge 2 story house covered in white paint.

"Can we go inside?!" I asked excitedly.

When my mom opened the door I left my luggage next to the door.

I saw lots of unfamiliar and new furniture and wondered if someone lived here.

"It came with the house." My mom answered my question.

"How , can we afford this?" I mean we weren't poor, but how ca you afford from going from a little 2 bedroom condo to a fucking mansion?

"Houses over here are way cheaper over here than back home. The realtor and I were looking for a while and we found this one." She smiled.

"Oh ok." I offered a smile back. I couldn't get over how pretty the house was.

"It's a 4 bedroom,4 and 1/2 bathrooms, there's 3 rooms on each with a bathroom, and one down here and one bathroom down here as well." She explained. I pretty much got lost at down here.

"Which one is the room with the balcony?" I asked her recalling the balcony I saw when I got off the car.

She laughed and said "the first bedroom when you go upstairs if you like it you can take that room?"

"Oh my god yes! Thanks mom!" I hugged her.

****

"Mom can I go skate?" I asked her, it was 7:28PM and I was kinda tired of unpacking and needed a little break.

"Sure just come back safe and don't get lost!" She said seriously and I laughed.

"Haha, ok mom see ya later!"

I had been riding my penny board for about 6 minutes and I could hear music from a block away. Once I got closer I saw two people leaning on a white range rover making out.

When the guy turned my way he just stared at me (ok while kissing the girl) and winked. What the hell?! That's fucking disgusting.

I stopped my penny board and picked it up, just in case some stupid drunk teenager decided to run into me.

As I got a little closer to the party the guy had stopped making out with the girl and I got a better view of his face. Wow, he's a lot better looking than- wait what am I thinking. I quickly dusted off my thoughts.

I pasted the house the party was being held at and I almost tripped when I heard someone whistle.

"Be careful baby!" Someone laughed. And I didn't dare to look back.

Here's to Senior year. Or in other words fuck my life.