Chapter 11

We got back to my apartment and it felt like a breath of fresh air. It was nice to finally feel at home with my boyfriend and my daughter, not stuck in a stale hospital room. Aaron set her down by the couch and picked her up to hand her to me. I fed her, changed her, and then put her down for a nap in her nursery. I turned on the baby monitor and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Once I got out I went into the kitchen to find Aaron unpacking her hospital bag. He seemed a bit clueless, but I let him try to help.

"Thank you love." I said standing on my tippy toes to kiss him.

"No problem babe."

I got dressed and then checked on Alaina to see her fast asleep. I went back into the kitchen but Aaron wasn't there. I looked around the house and found him in my bedroom flipping through the channels. I set down the baby monitor and layed down next to him. He smiled and wrapped his arm around me. Little did he know, that was a terrible idea because I fell right asleep.

•Aaron's POV•

I looked down to see Taylor fast asleep in my arms. She breathed softly and her brown hair was tied up in a messy bun. I fell for her quickly when she joined the club, and I'm glad I took her to the park that one day. I can't get over how in love she is with Alaina, if only she knew that the way she feels about Alaina is how I feel about her. All of a sudden the baby monitor went off and Taylor jolted awake.

"I got it." I told her getting up.

"No it's fine I-"

"Let me at least go get her for you." I countered.

She gave in and I headed into Alaina's room to go get her. I walked in and she was crying.

"Hey baby girl." I cooed at her while being as gentle as I could picking her up out of the crib.

She started to calm down once she realized that someone was holding her. She looks so much like her mom. I put her pacifier back into her mouth and brought her to Taylor. For the rest of the night we just cuddled, only getting up to take care of Alaina.

It's now 3 am and we're up with Alaina again. Taylor has been tossing and turning all night in pain and I wish there was something I could do for her. Obviously she's taking her pain meds but they don't seem to do much. I came back from the bathroom to see her breastfeeding Alaina, but Taylor was asleep. I took a picture because it was not only cute but kind of funny. I carefully layed down next to them trying not to disturb them and continued watching the Royals game replay from last night. Eventually I grew too tired to stay awake and fell asleep.

•Taylor's POV•

I woke up and checked the time to see that it was already 10 am. I looked down to see a sleeping Alaina and looked next to me to see a sleeping Aaron. They both looked cute. I brought Alaina to the bassinet in my room and put her down. I took a quick picture for Instagram to update on how Alaina is doing.

t.miller.trains

Liked by Yankees, zendaya, emthagem, and 82,328 others t

t.miller.trains: babygirl is doing great at home with her mama💕

giancarlo818: uncle G will be over after the game tonight!
user1: @giancarlo818 AAH WE STAN UNCLE G

Load all 29,455 comments

Once I was done scrolling through Instagram I decided to wake up Aaron so he could eat and get ready for his game today. I walked over to the bed and sat beside him.

"Babe." I said shaking him lightly.

He woke up, looked at me, and grabbed ahold of me so I fell on top of him. He then snuggled back into bed with me in his arms. I sighed.

"Baby, you have a game today." I said, my voice muffled by his shirt.

"Just a few more minutes." He mumbled.

I gave in and held him while he slept for a few more minutes. After about 10 minutes passed I woke him up and made him stay awake.

"What time are you actually getting up?" I asked running my fingers across his chest.

"I wanna stay in bed with my girls all day, but I guess now." He said stretching and sitting up.

My heart melted into a puddle when he said "my girls". I knew that he loved Alaina because she's mine, but just the fact that he said that we were his girls made me feel complete, like I belonged to somebody.

I got up and followed him into the kitchen, careful not to walk too fast because I still hurt from giving birth. No one ever tells you how horrible postpartum is. I mean yeah, you have this amazing human you made but, you hurt A LOT afterwards.

Aaron began making breakfast and I slowly got up on a barstool, wincing from the pain. Once Aaron had started breakfast, he came over and wrapped his arms around me from behind. I leaned back against him and he placed a kiss on top of my head.

"When are you supposed to go back to work?" Aaron questioned.

"Tomorrow." I joked, receiving an eyebrow raise. "I'm kidding, I'm supposed to go back in 2-3 months, depending on how we're doing."

"I can't wait. It'll be nice to see you everyday without having to hide in your apartment."

"Yes it will, but we still can't do this." I said, planting a kiss on his lips.

Once we had a late breakfast it was time for Aaron to go to the stadium, and Alaina and I ate and slept for the rest of the day.