Chapter 6

t.miller.trains

Liked by thejudge44, ncentineo, zendaya, gleyberdavid and 34,978 others@t

@t.miller.trains
Just a lil bit preggo🤰🏽

User1: QUEEN of pregnancy!
     Liked by thejudge44

gleyberdavid: still not as big as my head after that hit
     t.miller.trains: @gleyberdavid LMAO💀

Load 3,751 more comments

I scrolled through Instagram after I posted a pregnancy pic and read through the comments. It's been a month since Gleyber got hit and the doctors said that he should be back next month. My baby has been healthy, I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant, and her favorite thing is to kick my ribs at random times. Aaron, G, and I are best friends, although Aaron and I share moments that seem a bit out of the friend zone.

Today we have a home game against the Red Sox and I'm currently in my office doing paperwork. I heard a knock on my open door and look up to see Aaron walk in with an iced coffee.

"Thank you." I said accepting the coffee and smiling.

"I looked it up and made sure you could have it without hurting the baby." Aaron told me.

"How thoughtful.....I mean she's going to be moving like crazy now but I need the energy since she kept me up late last night."

"I bet you're ready for her to come out then." He said hoping up on a table.

Knowing he needed his wrist wrapped, I got out the tape.

"Actually she can stay in there as long as she likes, I'm terrified of giving birth." I admitted.

"Understandable."

I finished wrapping up his wrist and he made his way to the door.

"Would you want to hang out before the game tomorrow?" Aaron asked.

"I have my 32 week appointment, but I wouldn't mind if you came."

"Are you sure?" He questioned.

"Yeah, it's nothing special really." I told him.

"What time is the appointment?"

"3:30."

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 2:30?"

"Sounds good." I said and he left for BP.

I finished taking care of the other guys before the game, and then I headed to the dugout. I sat toward the end so I wouldn't be squished in between everyone, and I watched as the guys warmed up. Soon enough the game began and DJ was up first to hit. Again, we were playing our rivals so there was a bit of tension in the stadium.

DJ swung at a low pitch and got his first strike. The second pitch was too far out, and on the third he swung at it and I could hear the crack of the bat. He tossed the bat and sprinted to first base. He barely made it, but it got one of our guys on base. Next up was Aaron and I knew he would at least be able to move DJ to second or third. Aaron is picky with what pitches he swings at, so he let a few balls go before he swung. He hit the ball, but it was a foul. The next pitch came, and he swung at just the right time. Aaron sprinted to first and kept going, making it to second and putting DJ at home. Now we were 1-0, but if we wanted to win we had to keep up our intensity. By the time we made it through half of our lineup we had 2 outs and Brett was up at bat. He made the mistake of swinging at every pitch and quickly got himself out. We switched to the outfield and the score was 4-0. The game continued, and as it progressed the innings went by quickly. By the bottom of the ninth inning the score was 5-3. We're losing our stamina and it's starting to show. G was up at bat and he basically saved our asses with a home run. By the end of the game the final score was 6-4. The guys made their way back to the clubhouse, and I made my way to the training room to take off wraps and braces.

"Are we still hanging tonight?" G asked, sitting on my desk.

"Yeah, but can we hang at my place because I'm tired."

"Sure."

He went into the locker room to change and get his stuff, and I put my stuff in my purse.

Aaron isn't hanging out tonight because it's the last day that his parents are in town and he's taking them out to dinner.

•At the apartment•

"So what do you want to do?" I asked G.

"I don't know, are there any good movies in Netflix?"

"Let's look." I said grabbing the remote and plopping down on the couch.

G sat next to me and we finally settled on a horror movie. We had been watching the movie for about half an hour when G asked a question.

"So what's the deal with you and Aaron?"

"What do you mean?" I retorted.

"C'mon, you know what I mean. You guys look at each other like you're about to kiss half the time."

"We do not!"

"I think you like him and he definitely likes you back." G teased.

"So what if I do, I'm having a baby in 8 weeks. He's not gonna want to be with someone who already started a family." I reasoned.

"I think things could work out." G stated.

"Whatever."

We went back to watching the movie and G left at around midnight. I locked the door behind him and went to bed.