Chapter 8

Aaron asked to hangout again and didn't mention asking G to hangout with us. I got a nervous feeling in my stomach as I waited for him to come to my apartment. I paced, well at this point in my pregnancy I waddled, back and forth in my living room until the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see Aaron.

"Hi!" I said.

"Hey, are you ready?" Aaron asked, and I could see that there was a strange look on his face despite his smile.

"Yeah, sure!" I said grabbing my apartment key and shutting the door.

"So where are we going?" I questioned as we walked down the hall to the elevators.

"I want to take you to a cool place I found when I moved here."

"Okay, where is it?"

"You'll have to see."

I rolled my eyes and Aaron laughed at that.

"You know I'm too impatient for surprises." I told him.

"I know, but you'll like this one."

And I swore to God I heard him say under his breath 'I hope' but I didn't question it. We got down to the lobby and he took me out to his car, and he began driving toward Manhattan.

He ended up bringing me to a quiet little park on the edge of Manhattan, right by the water. He got out of the car and came to my side to help me out.

"It'll be nice when I don't nee help getting up." I laughed.

"I don't mind it." He said smiling.

We walked to the water's edge, sitting down and hanging our legs off of the concrete ledge.

"I like this place." I commented once we were settled down.

"Yeah, it's really quiet." Aaron said nervously.

I already knew the answer to the question I was going to ask him, but I was nervous. I have a feeling he's going to admit his feelings toward me. At first I doubted it, but after thinking about what G and others have said, they kind of make sense.

"What's wrong? You've been acting weird all day." I asked.

Aaron's cheeks grew red and he stared down at the water.

"I know it's messed up because you're having a baby but-I think I like you."

I looked up at him, my brows furrowed from the bright sunlight.

"I'm sorry if this ruins our-" he began to speak again but I cut him off.

"Aaron." I said putting my hand on his. "You're fine. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones, but I have feelings for you too. Probably before you ever did for me."

"I thought you were just being nice?"

"Nope. I mean I can't just be obvious about liking a player but I did treat you differently than the other guys."

"So what do we do?"

"I mean, we could try but we would have to keep it a secret so we don't get fired." I suggested.

"Do we tell G?"

"I think our secret would be safe with him."

"Well in that case, will you be my girlfriend?" Aaron asked.

It felt like electricity was going through my chest, but it felt right.

"Yes." I said and somehow I had the guts to kiss him right then and there.

We went back to my apartment seeing as we had an off day and ordered a pizza for lunch. Aaron and I sat on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy and talked while probably eating way too much pizza.

•The Next Day•

Today Aaron and I are telling G about us. Well, I won't be there because there's a staff meeting but nevertheless G will find out. I was sitting in my office when I got a text from G.

G: why aren't you hanging with me and Aaron after practice?

Taylor: staff meeting 😒

G: ew lmao, have fun

We lost to the Indians, and I waited in the conference room for all of the other staff to be done with the press and post game interviews. The meeting was boring and honestly could have been put into an email but whatever. I planned to go over to G's apartment to hang out with him and Aaron. I texted Aaron to make sure that he told him, and he did. I took an Uber to G's place and made my way upstairs.

"Hi!" I said as G opened the door and let me in.

I walked in and sat on the couch near Aaron. I looked at G to see that he had a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"He told me."

"As if you weren't expecting it." I retorted.

"You right." G said. "Also, what's that?"

G pointed to the wrap sticking out of my shirt. I lifted my shirt up, showing the full wrap.

"It's to help support this big ass belly." I said.

We watched Grey's Anatomy, which was our show that we all watched together. I sat close to Aaron, my head on his shoulder, and his arm on my leg.

(Aaron's POV)

Taylor's eyes were glued to the TV as Maggie and Meredith performed a risky surgery, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. I looked down at her, she was cute to begin with and her belly only made her cuter. G noticed that I was staring at her and smirked at me shaking his head.

We spent the rest of the night together, and Taylor fell asleep watching Grey's. Once the show was over, G went to his room and I carried her to the guest bedroom, letting her sleep alone. I slept on the couch not only because she's pregnant and probably needs her space when she sleeps but I also don't know if she's ready to sleep in the same bed yet. We've only been dating for less than a day and I didn't want to rush a thing.