-C H A P T E R E I G H T-

~stay beautiful ❤️~
______

Mackenzie's POV;

I don't know what I expected when I opened the front door.No one was at home.

I sigh,letting the silence envelope me.

I throw my bag on the couch and take off my shoes as I walk deeper into the house.I make my bun
loose and run my fingers through my hair.Instantly I feel relaxed.I throw my head back and close my eyes.
Once an idea hit,I smile and quickly make my way upstairs.

I enter my room and go straight to my closet,taking me ukulele out.Once it's in my hands,I laugh giddily and sit down on my bed.

I bite my lip and narrow my eyes as I think of what to sing.

Hesitating on the song that came to mind,I start strumming a tune.

"Somethings don't sit right,
this close to midnight ,you
Someone else in this light ohh ohh-"My voice slightly cracks.I clear my throat and start again.

"Stand in the kitchen,attempting to fix this
So I try to listen to you-ou you-ooh"This time my voice doesn't crack and I smile.

"But You're gonna say something you don't mean
So just before you take it to far,hold my ears say la da di di da''With every word I forget all my problems one by one.

"You're empty words made for hurting me,
So just before you take it to far hold my ears say la da di di da" I feel carefree,light and happy as I go on.

"It's just like you to take me down with you,
Feed off each other's issues,ohh ohh oh
We both know there's no use,talking bout what I owe you,want back the old you-ou you ohh"I let myself deep into the music,the words,the tune and the feeling.Too deep.Too deep to hear the front door opening,too deep to hear the footsteps.too deep to hear the creaking of the stairs.too deep to hear my bedroom door open and too deep to see or feel him watching me.

The minute Johnny claps,I'm down from cloud 9,back to reality.I stare at him with wide eyes,mouth agape.He stares back with marvelled eyes.

"Wow KZ"he breathes.

I gulp.No one had ever heard me before.

"That...."he shakes his head,as if tranced.

"That was exquisite Mackenzie Ziegler"My heart leaps at the amount of passion.

My cheeks burn and I feel the heat rising to my ears.

"Johnny..."All I want to do is curl into ball and hide in a corner.I feel so exposed.

As if reading my mind his eyes widen slightly"fuck"

"Oh god kenzie I'm so sorry,I didn't mean to-I mean I came in...and I don't know-uhm..-I heard you and uhm I'm sorry,I'm sorry if I crossed a limit its just-wow I don't know...you're amazing kenzie,I'm speechless,I've never heard something as beautiful as your voice and- oh my god I'm rambling"

I burst out laughing.Holding my stomach and tears coming out of my eyes,laughing.He runs his face in his hands out of embarrassment but soon join me in a full blown laughter fess.